Chapter Sixteen: Cradle

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

I'm currently cradling Clara in my arms. She's so small. Although in human times she was a adult. To us she's the size of a baby. She easily fits in the crook of my arm.

It also doesn't help that her regression shot is slowly transforming her features to look more childlike.

Her cheeks are chubbier along with her arms and thighs, she no longer has breasts, her womanly curves are gone replaced with baby fat, her tummy is rounder, and her adult teeth will fall out only to be replaced with baby teeth.

The only change left is for the rest of her teeth to fall out. I'm not looking forward to her teething.

I run my finger along the tiny slope of her nose. Rocking her gently. God, she's perfect. To think she was almost taken from us all. I know Grace isn't going to let her sleep in her own bed for a while.

Her lips are pursed in sleep and the rosy tint is back in her cheeks. I lean over and kiss her softly on her nose thinking about the past week and a half.

With me being President I'm always looking out for other people trying to harm my family. But what happens when her own body attacks itself? With me being a different species than Clara, I don't get sick like she does.

We're all immortal the only true way to kill us is to rip out our three hearts and burn them.

Claras tiny body only has one heart. so fragile. Just thinking about anybody hurting her makes me hold her tighter to my body.

"Dude, share the baby. Common man." Atticus says.

He walks over to me and holds his hands out expectantly. I gently place her in his arms after placing another kiss on her nose.

"She's okay." Grace says while wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Yea, I guess she is." I reply.

Atticus (Papa) POV:

I sit in the chair next to Clara's hospital bed. Holding her against my chest. Somehow her thumb found it's way into her mouth. As much as I hate her sucking her thumb, I allow it just this once.

My love bug has been through so much. I can't wait to take her home, wash her with her baby soap to get rid of the disgusting hospital smell, and shower her with love and attention.

While I'm busy fawning over Clara I hear Dechen say, "Turn it up."

"Today on news channel 378 we have sources that have confirmed that Clara Rose Silva has officially woken up from being in a medically induced coma. According to this source the First Family rushed Clara to the hospital after finding her unresponsive in her crib.

"Sources say that Clara contracted a human disease called, "Pneumonia." We've also been able to obtain a photo of Clara and the First Family in the ICU. Take a look."

The photo in question is showing Clara with all her tubes and wires while in the ICU. Grace is sitting by the side of the bed with red eyes and messy hair. Calisto is standing behind Grace with one hand on her shoulder and the other wiping his eye. Dechen and I are sitting on the other side of the bed both touching Clara and holding tissues.

What I wanna know is who the fuck took this photo? Who in their right mind would leak a private family moment like this? For fuck sakes, Clara doesn't even have a shirt on! She's only wearing her diaper.

It's doesn't matter if she doesn't have breasts or not. She's a child! I turn my attention back to the TV trying to calm my breathing so I don't wake Clara.

"Such a heartwarming photo. A family all in one room to support their child."

I turn and look at Calisto as he turns the TV off. He angrily paces around the room muttering under his breath when all of a sudden he shouts,

"Who the fuck took that photo?! I want all the doctors, nurses, and even security who had access to this room in the corridor in 20 minutes!"

At Calisto's yelling Clara wakes up. Rubbing her eyes and whining.

I glare at Calisto and say, "Get your temper under control. I know your mad. We all are. But you fucking woke Clara up!" I whisper yell.

"You're right, I'm sorry man. I'm gonna leave and take care of this real quick."

Calisto leaves and then Clara says something I would rather not have my baby say.

"Papa waz fwucking?"

Oh fuck....