Chapter Fifty-Seven: Baby's First Christmas

Grace (Mama) POV:

I gently open the door to Clara's room and see that she's wide awake and wiggling around in her sleep sack. Her thumb is in her mouth and she's talking to herself about Santa. Walking up to Clara's crib, I lean over it and gently stroke the baby hairs back from her face.

She smiles up at me around her fingers and makes grabby hands, asking to be lifted up. "Swanta com?" Clara asks as I pick her up.

"Yes, Santa came. You have to get dressed and have some milkies before you can open your presents." I explain as I lay her down on the changing table.

I strip Clara of her sleep sack and get to work changing her diaper. She refuses to stay still through the whole change, too excited to see her presents. "Okay. Let's go get Daddies." I whisper to Clara as I pick her up.

She's dressed in a cute red onesie that has Christmas trees on it, and I paired it with dark green sweatpants.

The boys are still asleep when I walk back into the bedroom. It's still quite early but I'm hoping that by the time I finish nursing Clara that they'll be awake. "There you go." I tell Clara as I lift my shirt.

Clara latches onto my breast and gently sucks as I take a seat on the bed. It's still dark in here but early morning sun is starting to leak through the curtains. My princess watches the sun slowly rise while she nurses, rubbing her eyes every now and then.

"Pwetty..." She mumbles around my breast, pointing out the window. The sun is making the sky light pink and dark orange. I nod in agreement and switch her over to my other breast.

Clara nurses for twenty more minutes then finally stops sucking. She lays there with my breast in her mouth and is staring at her Daddies; probably waiting for them to wake up. I unlatch her and set her down on the bed. She automatically crawls straight to Calisto and wiggles her way on top of his body.

She crawls up Calisto's body until she's sitting on his chest. Her head dips down until she's hovering right over his face. "Daddy." Clara whisper-yells.

Calisto's eyes pop open and he smiles, lifting his arms to wrap them around Clara. "Merry Christmas, babygirl." He whispers before kissing Clara's cheek.

"Wuv chu, Daddy." Clara mumbles, returning Calisto's hug. Such a Daddy's girl.

Calisto puts Clara down and she crawls off towards Dechen and Atticus. She wiggles her body on top of Atticus and gives him a kiss on the forehead. "Papa, up!"

Atticus wiggles a little bit and wraps his arms around Clara, rolling over so she's in between him and Dechen. She wiggles to be free and I see a small smile tip the corners of Atticus's lips. That's when I know he's awake and did this on purpose.

He leans down in whispers something Clara's ear and she giggles. Turning her body towards Dechen, Clara stands up using his shoulder, then proceeds to smack Dechen's ear. "Go away, Atticus. I'm sleeping." He grumbles.

"Up, Dada!" Clara yells, slapping his ear again.

Dechen opens his eyes and startles when he sees how close Clara is to his face. She smiles at him and falls onto her butt, giggling softly. Dechen scoops her up and sits up, before tossing her in the air. Clara's giggles turn into full blown laughter. "All right, Dech. We have presents to open!" I announce.

I stand up and walk around to Dechen's side of the bed, grab Clara, and make my way to the door. "Hurry up!" I yell.

The boys all rush to get out of bed and meet me at the door. Atticus and Dechen tease each other all the way to the living room, while Calisto walks calmly at my side. Most people think his grumpy because he doesn't join in on their shenanigans, but he just likes to watch.