Chapter Thirty-Five: Newborn

Grace (Mama) POV:

It's been a few weeks since the accident, a lot of things have happened since then.
We stayed at the secure facility while our house was getting repaired. That included a new, stronger bunker. We also had to get a completely new security team. The King and Queen returned back to Xeoph, but with the promise that we visit soon. We've returned home since then but Clara is going through a newborn faze.

She's almost completely healed but she still gets a little bit antsy. She wants to constantly be around me. I don't mind it, but her Daddies do. They want to snuggle with their babygirl but she refuses to leave my side. She's even taken to sleeping in our room. The only time I can put her down, is when she's asleep.

She's in her baby swing right now, but I know it isn't going to last. She's already getting fidgety. "Shhh, Mama's right here." I pick her up from the swing, carefully supporting her head and neck. She lets out a cute little grunt and roots around on my chest.

I take Clara to her room and lay her down on the changing table. Immediately, Clara starts to cry. "It's okay, Mama's just changing your stinky bum."

I move quickly, changing her diaper, and swaddling her in a blanket. Sitting down in the rocking chair I begin to nurse her. She's been nursing a lot more after her accident. My breasts are sore and achy, I'm also producing a lot more milk because of it.

Clara sucks hard and fast to begin with, then slows down when she realizes I'm not going anymore. "Should we go find you Daddies?" I ask her.

Of course she doesn't respond, but I stand up anyways. Making my way down to Calisto's office, I see Dechen and Atticus are there as well. They seem to be going over some papers. They're all so focused and I don't want to interrupt. I love watching them work, though. Dechen's eyebrows furrow when he focuses, Atticus bites down on his bottom lip, and Calisto taps his bottom lip with a pen.

"Hey, babe." Calisto says when he spots me.

"Hey, handsome." I smile and give him a wink.

"What are my girls doing?"

"Visiting you because we're bored and lonely." I stick my bottom lip out in a pout causing all of them to laugh.

"Alright, well come on." Atticus pulls a chair over for me.

I sit down, making sure not to upset Clara. She's still nursing but is eyeing her Daddies from the sides of her eye. Atticus and Dechen stare back, having a staring contest with a two year old. "Who are you side eyeing like that, little girl?" Dechen asks in a teasing tone.

Clara looks back to me then eyes Dechen again. All while she nurses. It's quite a funny sight. She lets out a little grunt then wiggles further into me. "So, what are you working on?" I ask them.

"We're looking into new security systems. Along with the guards, we want more high-tech security. There's multiple options we have to look over and see wether their easily hackable or not." Calisto explains.

"That would make me feel more secure." I admit. Ever since the attempted kidnapping, I've felt unsettled. I'm scared we're going to wake up on day and Clara's going to be gone. I know everything those terrorists planned to do with Clara, it was frightening.

"Good, do you want to go get some lunch? I'm starving and this paperwork is giving me a headache." Atticus asks.

"Sure. I want a sandwich with turkey, pepperoni, provolone cheese, mayo, tomato, and pickles." I tell him. I've been craving a sandwhich for a while now.

They all look at me like I'm crazy. What? I'm breastfeeding a toddler several times a day, it makes me hungry. "Nothing, let's go." Calisto helps me stand then guides me to the dining room, the boys following.