Chapter Seventy-Nine: Return of Mama

Grace (Mama) POV:

It's late in the night when I finally return from my trip. Clara and the boys should be in bed. I highly doubt that they'll actually be where they're supposed to, though. If I'm correct in my assumption, Clara will probably be wide awake and in bed with my husbands.

Along with that, Atticus is probably feeding her sugar mixed with whatever he's eating. I'm just hoping Clara's having a good time with her Daddies. If that good time includes sugary snacks, then so be it.

Neil escorts me inside and into the elevator where I wait eagerly to see my little girl. It feels like it's been forever. When the doors open with an audible ping, I rush forward and turn into the corridor where my bedroom lays.

The sound of loud cartoons echos down the hall and I sigh, knowing that Clara's going to be wide awake.

Throwing open the bedroom door, I see the guys spread out on the bed with Clara in between them. She's got a baby puff in each hand and is bouncing up and down on her butt. Her eyes are glued to the television where her favorite show is playing. It's the one with the bouncing shapes and the annoying baby music.

The boys are all browsing their phones while eating various foods. They're so distracted by their devices, that they didn't see the door open. I clear my throat loudly to be heard over the television and their eyes all turn towards me.

Clara squeals and drops down on all fours to crawl to the foot of the bed. I race towards my baby and eagerly lift her into my arms. Clara's chubby arms wind around my neck and she places a open mouth baby kiss on my cheek. "Mama missed you, princess!"

All Clara does is hold me tight, not letting me move an inch. "Welcome home, hotness." Atticus tells me with a mouthful of food.

I roll my eyes and say, "Thanks, Att."

Calisto and Dechen give me the same warm welcomes, all the while Clara clings to me. I move towards the bed and perch on the edge. I adjust Clara so she's straddling my legs, then lean in to inhale her soft baby scent.

"Wan chur 'ilk, pease?" Clara asks nicely while tugging on my shirt.

A chuckle escapes me and I nod. She probably missed my milk more than me. I have a sneaking feeling that she ate more real food than milk today. Probably at the hands of Atticus too.

Pulling up my shirt, I unhook my nursing bra and help Clara latch on. She suckles strongly while breathing heavily through her nose. "Woah! Slow down there, baby. I'm not leaving again anytime soon."

This doesn't seem to faze Clara. She continues at the rate she's suckling while glaring at Calisto out of the side of her eye. Turning my body a little bit, I face my men and ask, "How was it? How was Clara?"

Atticus nods, swallows what's in his mouth, and says, "It went good. No problems."

Calisto snorts and shakes his head. I shoot a look at Dechen and he just shrugs his shoulders. "What happened?" I ask, but it's more like a demand.

"Dada an' Papa argwue." Clara tattles helpfully.

Atticus's smug smile turns into a frown as he shakes his head. "We didn't argue per-say. We had a teeny tiny argument about me supposedly over feeding Clara."

I glare at the guilty looking pair, then turn my eyes back down to Clara. She's still holding something in her fist and I pry it open to see what it is. What I originally thought was baby puffs, is actually cheese puffs.

"Dude, there is no supposedly about it. You overfed Clara to the point she was passed out on the floor." Calisto points out.

My mouth drops open in shock and I pull Clara closer to me. Atticus's hands raise and he quickly defends himself, "That sounds harsher than it really is. She ate, watched some cartoons, then passed out on her baby mat."