Chapter Seventy-Six: Newborn Cuddles

Grace (Mama) POV:

It's been a couple days since Oliver and his family left us. Clara took them leaving harder than I would've thought. She cried for almost the whole day and refused to nurse. She wouldn't even take a bottle.

When I talked to Queen Ava about it, she said that Oliver was not fairing any better. The little dude cried the whole way home, whining for Clara.

It broke my heart, but the little ones will see each other again soon. We're planning to visit Queen Ava's house for our next visit.

Now, Clara is in newborn headspace. She's been sleeping with her Daddies and I. The boys are getting a little bit frustrated with the sleeping arrangement. They want adult time with me, but can't since the baby is in the bed.

Currently, we're all chilling out in our room. Clara is wrapped tightly in her swaddle and resting between Calisto and I. Her little pink lips are parted as she breathes deeply in sleep.

There's a baby hat resting on her head, covering the red strands of her hair. My little girl looks so peaceful in her sleep. My only problem is that my breasts are so full that they're actively leaking.

She needs to nurse but I don't want to wake the sleeping baby up. Clara was up all throughout the night cluster feeding. My nipples feel like they've been through the wringer.

It might sound nasty, but my left nipple is cracked and my right is reddened to the point of pain. And yet, I'm still producing a fuck ton of milk.

"Good morning, babe. You ready for another day of shitty diapers, vomit, and cranky newborns?" Atticus asks from the other side of the bed.

If I had anything to throw at him, it would be connecting with his head right about now. Instead of being snarky (because honestly I'm too tired to) I reply with, "Yeah, I'm going to hop in the bath with her when she wakes up. We can lay her down in her little activity mat, then maybe  we can watch a movie or something."

The boys all quickly agree to my plan. All that's left to do is wait for Clara to wake up. If the clock is right, she should be wanting to nurse here anytime soon.

Leaning down, I rub my fingers across the apples of Clara's cheeks. She turns her head into my hand and her mouth opens in a yawn. She wiggles in her swaddle, then proceeds to root around for my nipple.

Her hands and arms manage to break free of her swaddle, and she flails them about. Just as I'm about to pick her up, Clara begins to wail. "Oh no! We can't be having that. Come here, princess." I coo as I lift the baby up.

I make sure to support her head and neck, then lift my shirt. For some reason Clara's having a hard time latching on today. Even when I grasp my nipple and physically put it in her mouth, she doesn't latch.

It's painful and my eyes water with unshed tears. "Babe, if it's too much we can give her a bottle. You need to give your nipples a break." Calisto says softly while rubbing my back.

He's been watching me struggle this whole time. It warms my heart that he's so concerned about me and my well-being. "Cal, I want to nurse her. She's just not working with me." I tell him while wiping tears from the corners of my eyes.

He sighs and then gently removes Clara from my arms. She's still crying and looking for a nipple that isn't there. "Come to Daddy, babygirl. We're going to get you a baba so Mama's nippies can heal."

I watch their interaction silently. He's such a good Daddy to Clara. Honestly, I couldn't ask for any men better than my guys. Just the way he's holding her now, with one hand under her butt and another under her head and neck, shows how much he adores her.