Chapter Three: The Crowd

Clara POV:

I wake up to the sound of loud voices. It's sounds like hundreds of them.

"What's the babies name?"
"Why didn't you tell the public you were adopting?"
"Mr.President, how old is she?"
"First Lady Grace, take the blanket off her head."
"First Gentleman Dechen, how do you feel about not having biological kids?"

The voices get louder and I start to cry. The voices are hurting my ears and I just want it to stop. I then feel the blanket that was covering my head get ripped off, along with a few strands of my hair.

There's bright lights flashing all around and hundreds of tall people surrounding us. I cry harder now, turning my head towards mommy's neck.

"M-mama. Owieeee." I place my hand on top of my head where the strands of my hair were ripped out. This is too much, I don't like this.

There's a tall guy in the crowd who has my blankie in his fist. He's waving it around in the air like a prize. When all of a sudden he gets tackled by a dude in all black. Before I can see more, mama moves us into a big black car. Sitting me in a rear facing seat.

"Go, JUST GO! I got her!" Mama shouts.

My head still hurts, my eyes hurt from all the bright lights, my throat hurts from my crying, and I'm cold.

"Stop fighting mama baby, I gotta get you strapped in so you don't get anymore owies."

"Nuuuu! Head hurts mama." I wail.

"I know baby, here." Mama places something rubbery in my mouth and I begin to suck on it. My cries turning into whimpers. While I'm sucking mama buckles my straps. Two go across my chest and connect, while another one comes up between my legs connecting to the chest strap.

"That was fucking rough." I hear one of my daddies say. This daddy has a smooth voice.

"The one asshole ripped her hair out of her head." The daddy with the deep voice says.

"Boys, I know you're mad but you need to watch your language. Clara is listening." Mama says.

"I'm sorry you're right. We're almost home anyways." One of my daddies apologizes.

I turn my head towards the window and look at the buildings. They're huge! The buildings touch the sky. I look more at the people and realize they're starring at our car. I wave to people as we pass them but they don't wave back.

"Mama wook!" I point towards the buildings wanting her to see.

"Yea baby. You see the buildings?"

I don't answer mama as I look up and see a mirror in front of me. It's attached the the seat I'm in. I furrow my eyebrows as I try to figure out who I'm looking at in the mirror. The person has red hair and green eyes. They're wearing a white shortsleeved onside that snaps between their legs, a maroon overall dress that's covered in white flowers, and a hair bow that matches their dress. The person also has white tights on and black Mary Janes.

"Mama! Green?" I say pointing in the mirror.

"Yes baby. That's you and your pretty green eyes. Look we're home." Mama says pointing out the window.

I turn and look at a giant house. It's surrounded by a giant black gate, is at least five stories tall, and there's guards everywhere.

"Welcome home, Love." Mommy says.