Chapter Thirty-Two: Swimming

King Geoff (Grandpa) POV:

I hold Clara against my chest and breathe in her soft baby scent. She reminds me so much of Clarissa. I know Clarissa's gone, but holding Clara, it brings me a sense of peace I haven't had in so long. I can tell Arabella feels the same way as well.

Walking into the elevator with everybody following, I bounce Clara in my arms and make silly faces. "Chu swilly, Grandpa." Clara laughs. Her laugh is high pitched and adorable. She laughs with her belly and her whole body shakes. You can't help but smile when you hear it.

Atticus presses a button on the elevator that'll take us down to the indoor pool. He side eyes me and looks down at Clara. I know they still don't trust Arabella and I, but we're trying to gain the trust we lost back.

Arabella stands to my side, playing with Clara's fingers and cooing at her. I love watching them interact. We walk off the elevator into a massive swimming pool. There's two slides, a lap pool, a kiddy area that has a mini frog slide, water buckets that tip over, a hot tub, and lounge chairs off to the side.

"We can't take Clara to the normal water park because of security, so we added one into our house. There's also a movie theatre, outside play yard, indoor playground, and a bowling alley." Calisto breaks Arabella and I's gawking.

"Here, let me have her. I have to put her life jacket on." Grace takes Clara from me and starts to put her life jacket on.

"What are the rules?" Grace asks.

"Nu gu in da wader witout Mama and Daddies an nu dwink pwel wader." Clara responds.

"Good girl, lets go." Grace takes Clara into the kiddy pool section and sets her down in the shallow water. It only reaches her hips. Clara claps her hands and splashes in the water. I watch with a smile on my face and join her.

"Arabella and I can watch her. Go have fun." I tell the family.

I get skeptical looks but they walk to the deeper pool and jump in. I watch them for a moment. They're tossing Grace in between all of them, playing keep away.

Clara looks between Arabella and I and smiles. "You want to go down the froggy slide?" I ask her.

She nods her head vigorously and starts to crawl to the slide. Arabella helps her up the little stairs while I wait at the bottom. I guide Clara down the slide while she giggles and claps her hands. We do this several more times until she gets bored of it.

"Gu ober der!" Clara points towards the tipping buckets and I walk with her over to them.

I stand under the small bucket waiting for it to dump. When it does, Clara laughs so hard her freckled cheeks turn red. "Gain! Gain!" She screams, bouncing joyfully in my arms.

We do it again and I look up after the water clears from my eyes. Arabella has her phone in her hand and is taking photos of Clara and I. Smiling at the camera, I get Clara's attention and
point to Arabella. "Smile for the camera!"

Clara smiles a big gummy smile that scrunches up her eyes and nose. It's the cutest. "Gu wid Mama and Daddies." She points towards her parents and I take her there.

"She wants to swim with you for a bit." I explain. Grace takes Clara from my arms and pulls her into the water.

Grace gently throws her into the water, Clara's life jacket keeping her a float. She pops up and asks Grace to do it again. Arabella and I stand on the sidelines, watching with smiles on our faces.

We swim until it's time for lunch, Clara whining when she had to get out of the water. "I know, but it's time to eat now. Do you want to eat with Grammy and Grandpa?" Grace asks a mad Clara.