Chapter Twenty-Seven: Owie

Grace (Mama) POV:

I walk as fast as I can down to our kitchen. I need to grab some of my pumped milk for Clara's bath. I heard using breast milk in a bath can help rashes. I grab a handful of nearly expired bags, and rush back upstairs. When I'm nearly at our quarters, I hear my baby screaming bloody murder.

The car ride here was agonizing. Clara screamed the whole way. Her chubby face was scrunched up in pain, little tears running down her cheeks. I felt like a shitty mom in that moment. I knew her diaper was full and decided to nurse before changing her. This is all my fault.

I walk into our bathroom where Clara is currently naked in Calisto's arms. He's trying to calm her down but she's not having it. I start the bath and pour the milk in. Taking Clara from Calisto, I gently place her in the bath. Her screams turn into whimpers and she lays on her belly in the shallow water.

I hold her tiny head in the palm of my head so it's above water. She sniffles a little bit as I use my other hand to scoop water onto her back. I feel her head start to get heavier and realize she's falling asleep.

"This has been one long ass day." Dechen whispers.

"I can agree to that." Atticus chimes in.

Calisto just hums his agreement.

After several more minutes, I have Atticus hand me a warmed towel, and pick Clara up. She mumbles a little bit but otherwise snuggles into me. I move her into our bedroom and lay her down on the bed. I quickly apply some rash cream and put her in a cloth diaper.

I decide to not dress her and just lay her in the middle of our bed. She lays on her stomach, her feet tucked under her body, with her butt in the air. After I put a pacifier in her mouth, turn on the monitor, surround her with pillows so she doesn't fall off the bed, we leave the room.

I know that I said I wouldn't leave her alone after everything that's happened, but we need a break. Having her scream and cry for almost two hours straight will do that to a person.

"Come on, let's go to the guest room." Dechen whispers in my ear seductively.

Clara POV:

I wake up in Mommy and Daddies bed. I stretch my arms and legs out and call out for Mama. I turn my head as the bedroom door opens and see Mama walk in with Daddies behind her. Her hair is all messy and her cheeks are red.

"Well good afternoon, little lady. Did you have a nice nap?" Mama asks.

"Mwilky?" I say while rubbing my eyes.

"Okay, you can have some. Then you can play in your room until dinner." Mommy picks me up and opens her robe so I can see her boobie. She tries to cradle me but I don't want to be held like that. I want to sit up.

"Nu up pease." I ask.

Mommy adjusts me so I'm sitting with my legs on either side of her legs, and helps me latch on. I look at Daddies while I eat. Daddy is playing with my toes, Papa is playing on his square, and Dada is making funny faces at me.

Mommy pulls out her square and turns it on. The square has a picture of me on it! It's a picture of me sleeping in between Daddies.

"Dad-dies." I mumble and point to Mommy's square.

"That's right! You see Daddies on Mommy's phone. Clever girl." Mommy strokes my hair with one hand and on the other she starts coloring on her phone.

"Cowor?" I ask.

"You can color after you're finished." Mommy tells me.

I keep drinking and laughing at Dada's funny faces when Daddy's phone rings. He makes a funny face but answers it anyways. "Hello Mom."

"When can we meet our grandbaby? We're trying to be patient over here, but it's been months now." A lady's voice says.

"Here, you can talk to her right now." Daddy hands the phone over to Mommy with a sigh.

Mommy puts down her phone to take Daddy's, she closes her robe a little more and moves the screen so it's in front of my face.

"Hello there cutie! I'm your Gammy!" The lady on the phone says.

The lady's face is taking up the whole screen. She has red hair like Daddy's and brown eyes. Gammy has a big smile that's showing off all her teeth. I wave my hand and continue with my milky.

"Grace, move your robe. I can't see her face."

"If I do that, you're going to see my whole breast. She's eating." Mama laughs.

"Pshhh, I don't care about that. I just want to see my granddaughter."

Mama pulls back her robe and I place my closed hand on top of her boobie. I continue to suck as Gammy coos through the phone.

My belly starts to feel full so I stop sucking but keep Mommy's boobie in my mouth. "When can I come for a visit?" Gammy asks.

"We we're thinking of having a baby shower soon. That way all our parents can see meet her. It's been a rough past few days." Daddy says.

"Well, get your plans in order soon. I need me some baby time." Gammy smiles.

"Will do."

"Your Dads are going to be so smitten with her. Oh! What size does she wear? I'll have to buy her some outfits. Do you guys need anything? I can bring that too?"

"Calm down, Mom. I'll text you everything." Daddy replies.

"You better, son. I'll see you soon, Clara."

I wave bye and snuggle back into Mommy.

"You ready to go play?" Daddy asks.

"Pway?"

"Yeah, baby. We're going to go play in your room." Dada adds.

I giggle and hold my arms out to Daddy so he can pick me up. He throws me up in the air and catches me and takes me into my bedroom.

Once I'm on the floor, I crawl over to my toy box and pull out my dolls. "Not so fast there, short stack. We have to change that dirty butt." Papa says, picking me up from behind.

"Nu! Pway. Pease?" I ask.

"I'll be quick so you can play." Papa quickly changes me then sets me on the floor. I crawl back to my box and begin to play with my dollies.

"Me mommy." I tell my Daddies while holding my baby.

"You're a Mommy?" Papa laughs.

"Yesth." I hold my baby to my boobie so she can drink.

"Babe, come in here. You gotta see this." Daddy says while laughing.

Mommy walks into the room and starts laughing. "Are you feeding your baby?" She asks me.

"Yesth." I nod my head.

I hand Mommy a doll and point to her boobies. "You want me to feed her?"

I shake my head and take my dolly back. I don't want to share my mwilky with anybody!

"My mwilky!" I shout at Mama.

"No need to yell. It's all yours, I promise." Happy with her answer, I go back to playing.

Daddies eventually come play with Mommy and I. We play until dinner time.