Chapter Two: Hospital

Clara POV:

I wake up to bright lights behind my eyelids. I'm warm but my stomach is growling and I start to whine.

"Look, she's awake!" I hear a woman say. I feel my body being lifted into a warm chest.

"Nuuuu." I'm full blown crying now. I don't feel good at all. I'm hungry, my head hurts, and I just want everyone to leave me alone.

"Shh pretty baby. It's okay mamas here."

The lights dim and I finally open my eyes. The woman holding me has long brown hair, green eyes, fair skin, and looks regal. She gently bounces me while I rub my eyes with my fists.

"Hello little one. I'm your Mama, and that's Daddy, Papa, and Dada."

As she says this, she points to men around the room.

The first one, Daddy has shaggy red hair, blue eyes, tan skin, a strong nose, and square jaw. His red hair is almost the same shade as mine.

The second one, Papa has short blonde hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, a little nose, and a sharp jaw.

The third one, Dada has black hair thats long on the top and short on the sides, brown eyes, dark skin, a bigger nose, and a rounder jaw.

The men look intimidating so I turn my head to hide in the lady's chest. I start to whine, my stomach still hungry.

"Awee, what's wrong love? Are you hungry?"

I stop my whining at that. Looking up at the lady with wide eyes.

"Looks like she's hungry babe. Why don't you try feeding her?" I hear one of the guys say from behind me.

"Thank the stars, my breasts are so heavy it hurts." The lady sits down in a chair and it's then I take a look around the room. The walls are brightly painted with spaceships, stars, and asteroids, there's a small crib in the middle of the room, a sink to the wall left of the door, and chairs to the right of the door.

The lady pulls up her cream colored top, unlatching a clip on her bra that releases her nipple and a small area around it.

"The doctors said you might have to guide her head and show her how to latch." The same man from before says. It's only then I recognize that the men are standing closer than before.

Before I can finish that thought, my head is guided towards the lady's pink nipple. I open my mouth and take it in. Not sure what to do next.

"Give your breast a little squeeze to get the milk flowing." Another man standing near says.

All of a sudden I feel milk flowing into my mouth. I lightly suck to get more of it. It's sweet, thin, and I want more. I suck more greedily. Some running out of my mouth and down my chin.

"Slow down baby, it's not going anywhere. Atticus, can you get me one of the burp cloths?"

I hear footsteps moving away from me and then I'm moved off my milk. I begin to wail. Why would they take my food?

"Hey, it's okay stop crying I'm just putting this here so mommy doesn't get messy." I open my eyes and see that the woman now has a cloth placed over her shoulder.

She guides my head back to her chest and I latch onto it again. Sucking softly. I feel myself getting sleepy when I'm shaken awake. I'm moved around to the other boob where I latch back on, sucking slowly when I hear one of the guys start talking.

"There's a crowd and a half out there. Reporters are going to try and get a good shot of her. I increased security but it's gonna be hell walking her past that crowd. I don't know how the press got word that we're here."

"Here's what we'll do, I'll carry her out with a blanket over her head. Hopefully she'll be asleep by then. We'll have security put up dividers on the way to the car, I'll get in the back with her, Atticus can sit in the back with me. Dechen and Calisto can sit in the front."

"I hope nursing keeps her asleep. The last thing I want is her waking up." A man with a deep voice says.

As the people were talking I got full and stopped eating. I felt myself being lifted up and patted gently, but firm on my back. I let out a small burp and a little bit of spit up that was quickly wiped away with a cloth.

"What a good burp baby." The lady says.

I feel myself getting drowsy and soon I'm fast asleep.