Chapter Forty-Seven: Daddy Daughter Morning

Clara POV:

Waking up, I'm all alone in my crib. I don't feel good at all. This is different from the last time I was sick. My throat hurts and my nose is full of snot. I don't like this, I want Mama. Wiggling in my sleep sack, I try to roll over but I can't. "Mamaaa!" I cry out.

My head is fuzzy and snot keeps falling out of my nose hole. "Daddyyy." I whine when Mama doesn't come to get me.

I start crying loudly, why is nobody coming to get me? "Shhh, Daddy's right here. What's wrong, princess?" Daddy asks as he picks me up out of my crib.

"Owie, Daddy." I whimper, laying my head on his shoulder and trying to suck my snot back in.

Daddy lays me down on my changing table and takes my sleep sack off me. It's still dark outside and Daddy's only wearing his boy underwear. "My princess isn't feeling well, is she?" He whispers to me as he changes my bum.

"Nu, Daddy. Cwara wan Mama." I sob while rubbing my eyes. I just want Mama and her milkies.

"Okay, up we go. You can sleep with Mama and Daddies tonight." Daddy picks me up off the changing table and I lay my head on his shoulder, running my fingers through the back of his hair.

Daddy walks into Mama's room and it's so dark that I can't see anything. A monster is going to get me! I wiggle closer to Daddy and he shushes me and lays down on the bed. I hear Mama sleepily grunt and place her hand on top of my back. "What's wrong with her..."

"She's sick. Stuffy nose and sore throat." Daddy explains while he pats my bum.

I put my thumb in my mouth and wipe my runny nose against Daddy's chest, trying to get the yuckies off my face. "And she just wiped her snot on me." Daddy groans and sits up, turning on the lamp.

"I'll go get a burp rag. We can wipe her nose with that." Mama sits up and her boobies are out. I want some milky but don't want to move.

My cries stopped when Daddy laid down with me but they start again when Mama gets out of bed and puts a shirt on. "I'll be right back, babygirl. Mama has to go get something to wipe your nose." Mama leaves the room and I cry harder.

"It's okay, Clara. Mama will be right back." Daddy sits up in bed and holds my head and neck in his big hand, the other one holding my bum.

He gently starts to bounce me but it only makes me cry more. I don't want Daddy I want Mama! "Look Clara, Mama's back." Daddy says softly.

Mama walks back into the room holding a cloth, my binki, and Bruno. She has dark marks under her eyes and her brown hairs messy. "Come to, Mama."

Grace (Mama) POV:

Pulling Clara from Caisto's arms, I make sure to support her head. She seems to have gone into a younger headspace and can't hold up her head and neck as well. Clara usually stays in a two year old headspace, but when she's sick or sleepy she slips lower.

I gently pace around the room with Clara in my arms. She's whining and crying but when I offer my breast she refuses it and turns her head away. I honestly have no idea what's wrong with her and she can't tell me in her younger headspace.

"Can you go get me her medicine, please?" I ask Calisto.

I don't know how Dechen and Atticus are sleeping through this, but it pisses me off. It's not fair for me to be awake and exhausted while they get to sleep and wake up fully rested in the morning. "Sure, babe." Calisto replies, standing up and moving into the bathroom.

Calisto returns with a little bit of her purple medicine in a syringe and he pushes the plunger into her open mouth. Clara whines a little bit but swallows it down, her cries stopping. "Here, wipe her nose." Calisto hands me the burp cloth I set on the bed and I take it from him, gently wiping Clara's runny nose.