Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Press Conference

(Chapter idea inspired by @mochi10987 Thank you for your suggestion!)
There is a slight blood warning for this chapter! Be warned!

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

Our bedroom is destroyed, clothes piled all over the bed, Grace's makeup everywhere, clean diapers all over the floor, and towels discarded where they lay. It's chaos.

Today I have a big press conference and my family is attending with me. Grace will stand by my side with Clara while Dechen and Atticus stand slightly behind me, flanking my body. It's our usual stance when we have to do big events like these.

"Where is my left shoe!?" Grace yells out, clearly frustrated.

Did I mention that we all woke up late? The press conference is at eleven and we woke up at nine-thirty.

A naked Clara crawls between my legs, giggling like crazy. She has a diaper on top of her head while a frazzled Dechen chases her. His tie is hung haphazardly around his neck and his white shirt is unbuttoned.

Atticus is in the bathroom shaving and trying to brush his teeth at the same time. Nobody's ready and we have to leave in thirty minutes to make it in time.

Grace kneels down by the foot of the bed and lifts the bed skirt, she hollers in victory when she finds her tan high heel. Standing up, she slides it onto her foot then rushes over to my naked baby. She lifts Clara and runs out of the room.

I finish putting on my shoes as Atticus walks out of the bathroom. He jogs into the closet and slams the door closed behind him. "Grab her carseat!" Grace yells from Clara's nursery.

Dechen grabs the seat while I pack the diaper bag. I make sure there's enough milk bags in there and three bottles, before I zip the bag closed. "How did we sleep through five alarms?" Atticus questions as he walks out of the closet.

"No idea. We have to hurry." Grabbing the diaper bag, I sling it over my shoulder, then move into Clara's nursery.

Grace is rushing to get Clara dressed and her hair done. Clara's fighting her every step of the way, wiggling and crying. She didn't have time to nurse this morning so she's hungry. "You can have a baba in the car, princess. Let Mama get your hair done." Grace tells Clara as she reaches for her breasts.

Another five minutes pass before Grace finally has Clara dressed and ready to go. "Here." Dechen announces as he hands Grace the carseat.

Clara's wearing a long sleeved, dark blue dress. There's thick white tights under it and the outfit is completed with white Mary Jane's. She matches us to a tee. We're all wearing dark shades of blue. Grace's dress, my tie, and the boys suits all match.

Our little girl is buckled into the seat by Grace. She's still screaming and crying but we'll have to ignore it for now.

Neil and several other security members are waiting for us in the hall when we exit Clara's nursery. We're about to enter the elevator when I remember Clara's bear that Neil gave her. She's attached to that thing. "I'll be right back." I tell everybody before jogging back to the room

I grab the bear out of Clara's swing and run back to the elevator. Neil is holding the door open and I give him a nod of thanks. He couldn't leave without me anyways, but the sentiment is nice.

Grace is carrying the carseat so I walk to her and crouch down in front of a screaming Clara. "We almost forgot your bear! Daddy got him though. Here you go, princess." I tell Clara as I place the bear next to her in the carseat.

Clara's cries stop as she wraps both her arms around the bear. I can tell some of the security guards are relieved that the crying stopped. I am too if I'm honest with myself.