Chapter Eighty: Spa Day

(Chapter idea inspired by NerdyKing22 Thank you for the chapter suggestion! Feel free to leave more in the comments below or on my page!)

Grace (Mama) POV:

"Come on, babe. Wake up. We have a surprise for you and Clara." Calisto whispers in my ear.

I groan loudly and turn my face so it's smashed into the pillow. I'm too tired to deal with this. Clara kept me up all night, wanting to be close to me. She nursed for hours at a time, and would only sleep on my chest.

My breasts are sore and I just need a day to relax. "Let's go, love. I promise you'll like this. It's kinda a apology of sorts." Atticus whispers right next to my cheek.

His breath wafts in my face, smelling of mint mixed with coffee. I can't help but smile, though. I love it when my husbands wake me up with kisses and soft words. The only one missing is Dechen.

"Where's Dech?" I ask, albeit groggily.

"Getting everything set up. He'll be with us shortly. We also have to wake the baby up." Calisto answers, his voice deep.

I love his deep voice. It makes my stomach flutter. "Okay, okay. I'm getting up."

With a large sigh, I sit up in bed and rub my eyes. Clara's swing is slowly rocking back and forth next to the bed. Around four in the morning, I finally got her off my chest and into the swing. She's currently asleep, a pacifier bobbing in her mouth.

"Should we wake her? She hardly got any sleep." I ask my men.

Calisto comes to sit beside me on the bed, then pulls me into his lap. I rest my weary head on his shoulder while he rubs my back softly. "Yes, she can take a nap later. We don't want to mess up her sleep schedule."

I groan in frustration at Calisto's words, but nod my head. He's right after all, we do need to wake Clara up. If we don't, she'll sleep until the afternoon and we'll never get her to take a nap. The last thing we need is a cranky baby.

"Okay, put me down. I'll wake her up." I announce while wiggling to get off of Calisto's lap.

He sets me down on the floor and I crouch down to unbuckle Clara out of her swing. As soon as she's unbuckled, Clara stretches her arms above her head and let's put the cutest, little whine known to man.

"I know you're sleepy, princess. I am too, but we need to get up. Daddy and Papa have a surprise for us." I whisper as I lift Clara out of the swing.

Her pink lips are stuck out in a pout and her eyes are squinted shut. She's fighting sleep right now and losing. "Do you want some milk?" I ask in hopes of waking her up.

"Nuuuu..." Clara whines while nuzzling her face into my neck. Her breathing starts to even out, but I bounce her before she can fall back asleep.

Apparently, to Clara that's the worst thing in the word. She tosses her head back and let's put the largest cry I've ever heard. Honestly, I feel like crying too. I'm exhausted, but I have to get up for Clara.

"Babe?" Dechen asks as he walks into the room. I raise my eyebrow in question at his fashion choice for today. He's wearing all white, which is something we don't normally wear because we have a messy toddler.

"Yes, Dech?" I ask over the sound of Clara's cries. I'm trying everything I can to calm her and it isn't working. She needs more sleep and if I'm honest with myself, I do too.

"Why don't you guys go back to sleep for a little bit? It's clear that you guys need more shuteye. You have dark circles under your eyes, and Clara look like she's about to pass out while crying. A couple more hours won't hurt Clara's sleep schedule." Dechen suggests.