Chapter Sixty-Eight: Bye Bye Toxic Mom

(I know I said that today's update would be Clara going to the doctors to get a check-up, but I had to finish out yesterday's chapter! The next update will be Clara visiting the doctor!)

Grace (Mama) POV:

After I agree to spending the night with our families, we all decide to sit down for a meal. My brother hands Clara back to me as we make our way to the formal dining room. Mom's personal chefs are still putting the finishing touches on our meal, so there's nothing to do besides sit and talk.

Clara rests on my lap while Mom babbles to everyone about this and that. She always has to be the star of the show and it's rather annoying. Mom boasts about my brothers accomplishments while completely ignoring mine.

Mom's about to open her mouth to say something else, when I hear two sets of footsteps approach the room. Turning my head, I see two beautiful women walk in the room. "Ahhh! You've finally made it!" Mom bellows while standing up out of her chair.

"Who's this, Mom?" I ask while rocking Clara.

"They're Tate and Nick's fiancés." She explains while wrapping her arms around the brunette woman.

Nobody told me my brothers got engaged. Not even my brothers could pick up a phone and tell me. The thought instantly depresses me and I hold my little girl closer. Calisto must sense my upset, because he wraps his arm around the back of my chair and kisses the side of my face.

"It's okay. We can leave now if you want?" He discreetly whispers in my ear.

I shake my head and look down at Clara. She's nomming on her fingers and staring at the two women that still haven't introduced themselves to me. "Mama, 'ere Weil?" My princess suddenly asks.

"He's protecting the house, princess." I explain while brushing her red curls off of her face.

Clara takes that at face value and snuggles back into my breasts. She's due to nurse soon and I'm hoping I can escape the room to do it in private. I would rather not have my breasts out in front of my brothers or my fathers to be exact.

"Come meet Clara, girls." My mom says while walking towards Clara and I.

The two ladies both say hi to my brothers before crouching down in front of me to say hi to Clara. "Hi baby! I'm Ella. It's nice to meet you." The brunette introduces herself.

The blonde introduces herself as, Alina. She stares at Clara with what I could only describe as longing. Alina finally stands up and moves to the empty seat beside Nick. Ella sits beside Tate and he gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Can I hold her?" Alina asks after getting comfortable in her seat.

I would rather not have a random woman hold my baby, but she's going to be apart of the family so I have to suck it up. "Sure. We can see if she'll go to you." I reply while standing up and passing Clara over the table.

As soon as my princess leaves my arms, a large wail leaves her mouth. Alina doesn't hand her back, though. No, she calmly sits back down with my screaming baby in her arms and makes no effort to calm her. Clara's arms are stretched out towards me and fat tears are making their way down her reddened cheeks.

"Okay, can I have her back?" I ask while anxiously tapping my foot. Clara's clearly uncomfortable and I'm not going to subject her to a stranger.

Calisto rubs my back while Atticus and Dechen stare at me worriedly. Arabella is staring at me sadly while everybody else just coos over Clara and Alina. "She's fine. She just has to get used to me." Alina dismisses me while bouncing Clara on her knee.