Chapter Seventy-Four: Bedtime With Ollie and Clara

Grace (Mama) POV:

After the incident earlier in the playroom, Ava and I decided to kick Calisto out of the room. He thinks poor little Ollie is going to corrupt our little girl. He's just a child and doesn't deserve to bear the brunt of Calisto's paranoia.

It's a few hours later and we're getting the kids ready for bed. Clara and Ollie had a dinner of organic chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and green beans.

They hated the green beans and refused to touch them. We eventually got them to eat some applesauce instead. At least they got some sort of healthy item.

Ava and I agreed that Ollie and Clara could sleep in the same crib. Clara's circular, white crib is large enough for both of them. Plus, Clara asked to sleep with her friend.

How could I deny my perfect girl? She barely gets to spend some time with other humans. My princess deserves to have a little sleep over with Ollie.

Now, we're getting ready for bath time. Clara wants to take a bath with Ollie, and if Calisto finds out he'll blow a gasket.

Personally, I think it's fine for them to take a bath together. Siblings do it all the time and they're just little babies. I'll just have to make sure Calisto doesn't find out.

He's currently in his office cooling down. He shouldn't be coming upstairs anytime soon. If he does, he'll just have to deal with it.

My mental musing is broken by Clara screeching excitedly. She's crawling beside a waking Ollie on their way to my bathroom. Ollie is wobbling as he walks and my little girl is giggling with each one of his footsteps.

They're adorable together. I can tell they're going to be best friends. "We should bring Ollie around more. He loves Clara." Ava says from beside me.

"They are. They're perfect friends." I agree with her as I hold open my bedroom door so the babies can enter.

Clara shows Ollie the way into the bathroom and I hear the shower door open. Knowing that girl, she's probably trying play in the shower.

She still has her little fascination with it. Often, she'll end up in the shower with me because Clara will sneak in there. It's adorable and frustrating at the same time. I deserve down time too.

"Clara, you better not be in that shower." I warn her. My voice is slightly raised so she'll know I'm serious.

I hear the shower door slam closed and then loud giggles. Rushing into the bathroom, I see Ollie and my little girl sitting in front of the shower. They both look quite guilty. "Did you touch that shower?" I ask Clara.

"Nu, Mama. Owwie did." She points her little finger at Ollie and he grunts unhappily.

I know damn well that Oliver didn't open the shower door. She's placing the blame on her innocent friend. "You and me both know that he didn't touch that shower, princess."

That's the only thing I say before I walk over to start the water in the bath. While that's running, Ava and I get to work stripping our children.

Clara wiggles as I strip her but otherwise stays quiet. On the other hand, Ollie is putting up a ruckus. He pooped and had to be wiped down before his bath.

"Oliver! You better still your little bum right now!" Ava warns in her best Mom voice. Apparently that worked, because he stops wiggling and let's Ava finish wiping him down.

Once the kids are naked, I stand Clara up and hold onto her hands. The downside about having such a large tub, is that it takes forever to fill. Even though we're only putting about a foot of water.