Chapter Twenty-Eight: Tooth Fairy Strikes Again

Clara POV:

"Come on, ladybug. It's time to go to bed so the tooth fairy can come!" Papa says as he picks me up from my bath.

The tooth fairy's coming and I plan to catch her! After dinner, Mommy and Daddies colored with me. I colored a picture for Daddy's office. He told me I would be the worlds next biggest artist. Daddy's always right so I believe him.

Papa takes me into my room and puts something on my foot. "Wha dat?" I ask him.

"This is so Mommy and Daddies can see your little heartbeat during the night. It goes on your little foot so we can make sure you don't get sickies again by yourself. This way you can sleep in your own room with all your butterflies."

Papa puts me in my sleep sack and sits with me in the rocking chair. He puts my paci in my mouth and slowly starts to rock back and fourth. I feel him slowly start to pat my back and my eyes drift closed. No fair! He's cheating! I have to stay awake to catch the tooth fairy.

"Nu... sweep." I slur.

"Go to sleep, baby. The tooth fairy won't come unless you're all the way asleep." Papa says softly.

I feel my eyes slowly start to close and let out a little sigh. "That's a good girl."

Atticus (Papa) POV:

Clara finally fell asleep. She fought it for a long time. I'm glad she didn't ask to nurse before bed because Grace is with Calisto in his office. The King and Queen called and we have to play ball with them. I don't want them taking Clara away but I also don't want them alone with her. It's a thin line we're walking on.

Carefully standing up with Clara in my arms, I make my way to her crib and gently set her down. We put her teeth in a little baggy under her pillow so all I need to do is set her gifts in. I grab the new pack of pacifiers, a new elephant stuffy, some butterfly teethers, and a new coloring book. Carefully placing the stuff by the head of her crib, I pull the bag of teeth out and leave the room.

Calisto (Daddy) POV:

I'm currently sitting in my office video chatting with the King and Queen. We've been at this four an hour now, trying to figure out a way they can see Clara. I've made it clear to them I'm never stepping foot in their house again. I've also made it clear they won't be allowed to be with Clara alone.

"What about if we visit you in your own home? We'll tell the public it was to make up for your trip to Xeoph being cut short. There's no way we can take from your own house. We learned our lesson about trying to take Clara. It won't happen again. All we want to do is spend some time with her.

"If you agree to this, we can fly out as soon as next month. We'll have to bring our guards though. They can stay close by at a hotel unless we go out in public. We'll be able to stay for about a week and a half." The King suggests.

"I can agree to that on some terms. You're not allowed to be alone with Clara. One of my family members will be with you. You're not allowed to sleep in the same quarters. We're in the east wing, you'll be in the north wing. Clara will be sleeping in our room in case you guys think about taking her in her sleep. Nobody's allowed to change Clara's diaper except us.

"It's nothing that you guys did. We're trying to protect her and teach her modesty. She's going through a faze where she's fascinated with body parts. Another thing is, she might want nothing to do with you. You have to understand that you both traumatized her. You'll have to not only gain our trust again, but Clara's as well." I say.

I can see the King and Queen's faces crumple. I know they love Clara but they went about everything the wrong way. They're so used to demanding and getting what they want, that they take without asking.

"We can agree to those terms. During our wait, would you mind sending photos and videos of Clara? Maybe have her video chat with us every now and then?" The Queen finally speaks.

"Yes, I can send some photos. We can video chat tomorrow." Grace smiles.

"Is there anyway we can talk to her now? We both want to apologize." The King has the grace to look ashamed.

"Clara is currently sleeping. Her bedtime is at 7:30. She wakes up around 6:00 and naps before lunch and has a short nap around 3:00. We can video after her morning nap. She'll be calm and hopefully you can start to build a relationship."

"Thank you. Have a good night." The King ends the call. I push my chair back from my desk with a sigh.

"Come on, let's go to bed." Grace kisses my cheek. I watch her walk out of the room and stand up to follow.

Clara POV:

I wake up and see that I'm by myself. I wiggle in my sleep sack until I'm on my stomach. I look up and see the Tooth Fairy came! I lift my pillow and see that my teeth are gone too. There's new pacis, a elephant stuffy, chewies, and a coloring book! I reach over and grab my elephant. I think really hard about his name. I think I'm gonna call him, Bruno!

"Daddies, Mamaaaa, fwary comes!" I yell.

Mama and Daddies walk in the room with what I now know, as her phone in hand. She's smiling as I point towards my gifts. "Wook! Fwary bwought!" I grab my elephant and hold it out to her.

"She must really like you, princess! Look at all the stuff she brought you." Papa says.

"Does your elephant have a name?" Dada asks.

"Bwuno!" I shout.

"Bruno? That's a really good name!" Daddy says as he picks me up. He gives me a big kiss on my cheek and lays me down on my changing table. Taking off my sleep sack and foot monitor, he changes me making sure to put on my rash cream.

"There, all clean. No more stinky girl." Daddy kisses me on the cheek then hands me off to Papa.

Papa kisses me all over my face as I giggle. "Nu! Stwap, Papa!" I yell through my giggles.

"Oh, okay. Here, go to Dada." Papa passes me off to Dada where he continues kissing my face like Papa.

"Bwad Dada! Gu to da cworner!" I point towards it and Mommy laughs.

"Give me my baby and go to the corner." Mommy giggles.

"You're really sending me off to the corner?" Papa laughs.

"I don't know why you're laughing, hand me the princess and go take your timeout." Mommy demands.

"Fine." Papa huffs and hands me to Mama. He walks to the corner and sits in my timeout chair. The only problem is, he's way too big for it.

I laugh loudly because only one of his bum cheeks fits on the chair. "Chu swit der an' tink bout wha chu dwid." I wiggle my finger at Papa and turn to face Mommy.

Giving her a kiss on the cheek, I ask her to give me my new Paci. "Here you go, princess. Can Papa come out now? I think he leaned his lesson."

I put my paci in my mouth and nod. "Yeth."

"Come on out, Atticus." Dada laughs.

Papa stands up and groans. "I don't think I like timeout."

"You're not supposed to." Daddy smirks.