Chapter Twenty: Princess

Clara POV:

I crawl as fast as I can to the door with Daddy behind me. I wait for him to open the door then crawl through into Mama and Daddies room.

Mama is getting dressed and Dada and Papa are laying on the bed playing with their squares.

Daddy picks me up from behind and places me on the bed.

"Dada, Papa, wook!" I point to my shirt

"Yes, you are Daddies girl!" Papa says while picking me up.

Papa starts to blow on my belly which makes me giggle.

"Nu Papa stwap!" I say through my laughter.

Papa eventually stops and hands me over to Dada.

"You ready to have some breakfast and get some medicine?" Dada asks.

I nod. I'm still not feeling well and I'm already sleepy.

Dada picks me up and carries me to the bathroom where he fills a medicine syringe up with purple baby medicine.

"Okay, open up."

I open my mouth and he pushes the plunger. The medicine tastes like grapes!

"Mmm. Mwore Dada pease?" I ask nicely.

"You'll get more later. Let's go eat!"

Dada picks me up and brings me to the dining room with Mama and Daddies following. He sits me in my high chair while I wait for Chef Harold to bring us our food.

I bang my hands against my tray while I wait. Suddenly, the door opens and Chef Harold walks in. I squeal excitedly.

"HI CHWEF HARWOLD!" I say while waving to him.

"Well, hello there little bug. Are you excited to eat?"

"Yesth! I wost all my tweeth. See." I opened my mouth really wide so he could see.

"Wow! It looks like the tooth fairy is going to visit you soon." Chef Harold says while setting Mama and Daddies food down in front of them.

"I'm gwonna gwet WOTS."

"I bet you are baby bug." Chef Harold finally comes around and sets my food down. I say bye to Chef Harold then he leaves the room.

All of my food is mushy and ugly colors. Brown, yellow, and blue mush. It even smells nasty.

"Yuckies." I stick my tongue out at my food.

"Come on baby. Can you try some for Dada?"

"Nu! Yucky!" I go to push the plate off my tray but am stopped by Daddy grabbing my hand.

"We do not push our plates off the tray. You don't have teeth right now so you can't chew. It isn't that bad, baby. There's applesauce, eggies, and blueberries. All yummy." Daddy tries to explain but I'm not listening. I want want Mama and Daddies are eating.

"Nu! Wan Mama eat." They aren't listening to me at all. I'm about to start crying when Mama grabs my plate and puts me in her lap.

Mama scoops some of the blue stuff on my plastic spoon and puts it in my mouth. It's really sweet and I make a happy humming noise.

"Mmm, Mama gwood!" I rub my tummy happily and open my mouth for the next bite.

I was so focused on my food that I didn't notice Papa return to the table with a bottle.

"Here baby. Papa put some medicine in there that'll help."

I take the baba from Papa and lean back into Mama. I slowly suckle tasting oranges with no nasty medicine taste.

"Daddy has to go to work today baby, so after breakfast Mawmaw and Papi are coming over. You haven't met them yet but they're Mama's parents. Mommy has four Daddies like you do, but only ones coming today." Mama explains.

"Dey pway wif me?" I ask.

"Yes, they'll play with you. I think they're even bringing presents!"

I clap my hands and wiggle to get down from Mama's lap.

"Hold on baby. You need to get your booty changed before you can play." Dada says as he picks me up.

"Can you change her outfit too? Put her in a summer dress. She doesn't need shoes or anything. My parents might want to take her swimming in the pool as well." Mama tells Dada.

"Yea, I can take her. I figured Atticus was going to go down to the office with Callisto." Dads explains.

Mama gives me a kiss on the cheek then hands me off to Dada. Dada takes me to my room, quickly changing my diaper, then putting me in a yellow summer dress that has bees on it.

"Here, why don't you play for a bit before Mawmaw and Papi get here?" Dada says while setting me on the floor.

I crawl over to my blocks and carefully start to build a tower. I'm about to add the second layer to my tower when I hear a loud voice say, "Oh my God! She is just the cutest!"