Chapter 14- Flaws

Balloon Girl/JJ

It felt like a dream come true. I couldn't wait to practice more! I wanted to do what Fun Trap did, moving that fast. It was the night after I met her. We were in Parts and Service. "Shoot your electricity at that wall right there. You want to make sure you hit your target, not anything else."

"Got it." I charged my electricity and shot it at the wall. The noise made me jump back a little.

"You don't want to jump away like that. In that second your opponent could have found a blind spot and easily taken you down."

"What's a blind spot?" I asked.

"A blind spot is for example this." I saw her disappear. I looked around. "Like that." I jumped again and saw her in front of me. "It's a weak point, kind of like a crab's shell. Most of our weak points are behind us, if the opponent moves silently we won't be able to tell or see where they are. They can move around you as you turn to look. It's a basic tactic that not many use, but sometimes can help.

"What's your blind spot?" I asked.

"My vision on my right. Having everything be black and red isn't the best. For example there are many people. About ten. My eye will process to point them out, but while that happens another could jump me. Compare that to my left where I can see everything I need to." So her right side was her blind spot. Weird for her to be so specific though when she described it. "Anyways. Let's get back to what we were doing. Now I don't know if you're able to do this," but try bending the electricity to form a ball. I can't use plasma like you can with your electricity. My plasma is concentrated and that can be seen as a flaw with my ability, but I can still do other things. Some things electricity can't do."

"What can plasma do that electricity can't?" I asked.

"Well you'd think lightning is electricity, but you'd be wrong. Lightning is a type of plasma. Another example is my plasma is very unstable and whenever I use it I have to keep it in my control, or else it could possibly do more harm than intended."

"So if lightning is a type of plasma, does that mean you can make lightning?!" I exclaimed.

"To heck if I know or not I don't have a full understanding of my plasma yet so I can't say," Fun Trap replied.

"Really? Why?" I asked. I saw her get tense.

"It's nothing. Forget I said anything. Let's get back to what we were doing. Try turning your electricity into a ball. It'll fight back against you but you have to come out on top. Try it." I focused and charged up. I moved my hands in a circular formation, and she was right. I could feel being pushed back. I grunted as I kept trying. I was being pushed back more and I had to dissipate it. "Well that was a good start. You have a good stance."

"Will I be able to do it soon?" I asked.

"It depends. Practice is very important. After all, practice makes perfect." I saw her in a flash shoot a plasma ball at a wall and I saw a big dent where the plasma hit. I was in awe. Maybe I could do that with my electricity. I heard her panting quietly.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I turned to look at her.

"I'm fine. I can't use much plasma before I get tired. I haven't used it a lot so I haven't been able to get used to it."