Chapter 37- Escaping

Fun Trap

"So what was it like?"

"What was it like what?" I asked.

"Well, uh back when you were made I guess?" Rubert asked. 

"Well, it was different. I actually had a job being a performer but also as a sort of body guard for younger kids, to protect them from bigger kids who would try to pick on them. That'd happen a lot," I answered. 

"Really? Oh."

"Well it wasn't hard. Most didn't try since I was always around," I replied. Ray came in. 

"Telling life stories are you?" Ray asked. 

"You wouldn't know," I remarked angrily. 

"You forget I was Henry's friend 51-80."

"If you're going to talk to me at least call me by my name," I hissed. 

"I don't have to. You are in a government facility, so I can use your lab name if I want to," Ray replied. 

"Maybe you should both calm down?" Rubert said. 

"Oh she'll be calm when I break her." I huffed.

"Good luck. You won't get far," I replied. 

"Would you like to see?" Before I could reply I felt something hit my neck. I didn't budge. I started to feel drowsy. "Well what do you know? Trying to resist the effects?" I charged up my plasma. 

"I won't let that happen!" I shot a plasma beam at him and he got out of the way just in time but I saw his arm get burned. Ray grunted. Rubert backed up. But I couldn't stay upright and fell down. 

"Ray are you okay? It hit your arm." 

"Nrgh fine. It's only a burn. As for you," Ray said as he looked at me. "You're going to have to try harder than that." I managed to stand up, and felt a shock. I charged up my plasma again. 

"Then I will!" I shot another beam, but with more energy and a multi-shot. Ray was blasted back into a wall. I held my position and felt myself falling asleep. I couldn't stay up any longer and I fell asleep. 

I woke up and Rubert was pacing. I lifted my head to look at him. "I didn't think you were being serious but I guess you were. That's some crazy raw power there," Rubert said. "If you're wondering about Ray, you did some damage. Bruised two of his ribs. Don't know if I should be saying that to you." I shrugged and got up. "He'll be here in a minute. I don't think he'll be very happy. I don't know how often he loses his temper, but the others say it happens every now and then and when it does, you want to find shelter." Rubert laughed a little. "Though, I think that they're exaggerating just a bit." 

"Probably." 

"I didn't know you could talk with the clamp tightened," Rubert said surprised. 

"It's a bit hard, but it's manageable," I replied. 

"So are you the only one who speaks like that? It sounds like weird noises. You talked like that before one time." Rubert asked.