Chapter 26- Nothing's Right

Balloon Girl/JJ

I woke up. I could tell it was night since the lights that turn on during the night were on. Another day, another good time to train myself up. I walked past the office and opened the door into Parts and Service. "Fun Trap? Are you here?" I asked. I got no reply. The best thing to do was check in with Mike. I walked back and took the vent. 

"Okay who's coming in the- oh. Come on in JJ." I came into the office and got up on the desk. 

"Mike. Where's Fun Trap? She's not in Parts and Service," I asked. Mike's expression changed. 

"Oh uhm, she sort of, uhm-" he was acting weird. 

"Mike. Where is she?" I asked more seriously. 

"JJ. I can't tell you that." He was definitely hiding something. I started to spark up. 

"Mike. Tell me," I said. 

"JJ I can't tell you. If I do-"

"TELL ME!" The light started to flicker. If Mike didn't tell me... I could feel the air starting to get dense. 

"I should show you then." The light stopped flickering and I calmed down. Mike gave me his tablet. It was set to the cameras yesterday.

"Why would yo-" I saw Fun Trap. But, she was in the main room? She went into Prize Corner. "I don't understand. I would have heard her." I saw people come in. There was a lot of them. But, yesterday we were closed why would they- I stared at the tablet. She was attacking them. It looked like one of them was talking. She moved with such, precision. It was actually scary. "But, why would they-" I wondered what happened to all the blood that was pooling around the main room. I saw something get shot at her and momentarily later she fell. Was that the thing the other person came in with? They were talking but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I handed it back to Mike. "But why would those people do that?" I asked. Mike sighed. 

"Those people were looking for her. Apparently, she's not supposed to be well, here. She's supposed to be in a lab until they figure out what to do with that virus she mentioned," Mike said.

"But, she could have just asked us for help, right?" I asked. Mike shifted in his chair. 

"The truth is, I manually shut you and BB off yesterday. Fun Trap didn't want you guys on that day, for what would happen. She didn't want you involved in any of it," Mike said. 

"But, couldn't she have just, gone to the other world to stay for a bit then come back?" I asked. 

"I don't think it works like that. She mentioned it to Puppet. If she wasn't here, they would find evidence she was here, not only that it'd put you, Puppet, BB, and the others in danger. I like to think she went to the main room, so they didn't see Parts and Service, where you've been training and practicing, and where all the marks you guys leave on the walls are." Mike replied. 

"So it was, a self sacrifice basically? But, she can't just do things alone." 

"JJ you have to think about this logically. She's used to being by herself. Hell, I'd even say she does better on her own than with someone else. It's nothing against you, it's just how she is. At least, it seems that way to me," Mike said. 

"But, why? I don't get it." I sat down on the desk. 

"Maybe later on you'll understand. All you have to know is she did it to prevent them from finding out about you guys." I sighed. "She's going to do fine JJ. We don't have anything to worry about," Mike said. 

"Why do I have a feeling that even you know that's not true?" Before he could say anything I walked out of the office and headed to Prize Corner. When I got to Prize Corner I sat by Puppet's box. He didn't understand. Over the day I put more of the pieces together. Why couldn't he understand that was a bad thing? Still, seeing her fight, it made me a bit more terrified of her. She must have been practicing for ages. 

"What're you doing here?" Puppet asked. I jumped. "Oh! Sorry I scared you JJ!"

"It's fine I was just, thinking." 

"About what?" Puppet asked. 

"Fun Trap is way more than I thought. But, Mike told me that people came and took her away. Well, he actually showed me what happened. He said she did it so we were safe, but she didn't have to-"

"JJ. Fun Trap's been like that for as long as I can remember. Her whole program is based around protecting others that she cares about. I'll admit, she can sometimes do stupid things, but she's willing to put herself in danger so others are safe. It's just who she is." I was quiet for a while. 

"Can you tell me more about you and her a long time ago? Maybe if I learn more about her, I can understand what she's doing," I said. Puppet nodded. 

All right. I can tell you a bit. First off, my father made her. His name is Henry. He's a, somewhat good guy last I checked. He was a bit, weird to me as a child, but other times he was perfectly fine." 

"Was it just your child mind overthinking? I think Fun Trap does that sometimes. When we practice, she sometimes says some real complex things, when we could just, do it an easier way." 

"Well when she first turned on she was very confused. I think she was thinking too hard about too many things when she turned on." So she usually thought about the harder way to do things, rather than the easier way. "Of course, we were nice to her. The biggest difference I could see from then versus now, is her eye color. They were both pink many years ago, but now they aren't. Of course, she told me why. I can't say I approved of what happened," Puppet said. 

"So did that change her personality?" I asked. Puppet nodded.

"It seems so. She was more calm and laid back. Now she's more of paranoid and a mix of emotions." Well I could see why she was paranoid. But a mix of emotions? 

"What do you mean by a mix of emotions?" I asked. 

"It's hard to say exactly. When she was talking to me, she sounded sort of sad, but angry as well. It's hard to tell. I think because there's two parts of her, that her thoughts and that other part's thoughts are mixing together. Or it could just be that she doesn't realize it. I honestly don't know. But anyways. She didn't know much about anything, so we had to teach her some things. I'll admit using my old baby books to teach a robot was funny. She learned a lot over the nights as well. Henry made her an artificial intelligence, so she was learning more than we could teach her. But, she was always gentle and didn't really do anything crazy or stupid, except apparently many times recently, and mostly just watched over me. When she was introduced to Spring Bonnie and Fredbear, it was nice because she was around other robots."

"Spring Bonnie and Fredbear? Who are they?" I asked. 

"Oh they're the other spring lock animatronics. Well, Fun Trap is one too. They have these, bolts inside them so people could wear them as suits. Fun Trap's bolts are tightened in, so they can't move and no one can get in her. Since you know, plasma and all that. Fredbear and Spring Bonnie were usually in stage mode, but sometimes Henry and, William, would act as them in the suits. It was a good place."

"But wouldn't Fredbear and Spring Bonnie feel them moving around inside them?" I asked. 

"Nope. While they were in suit mode, they were shut off. They have no recollection of what would happen during that time." 

"Well that's just- well I mean I guess that happened to me. Getting shut off and I had no idea what happened to Fun Trap until I was shown. But I already said that."

"Well it's kind of like that, but they didn't know. Besides that, Fun Trap made sure no bigger kids picked on the littler ones. Like when I was still human. A lot of the older kids liked to pick on me, since I was the owner's daughter, and something about special perks and all that, but Fun Trap always stopped them. They didn't bother me much after since Fun Trap was always watching them. Kind of scared me. But at least they can't brag they were killed by a serial killer and became a puppet robot." 

"Wait so, how exactly were you killed?" I asked. Puppet was silent for a bit. "I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked it at all-"

"No it's okay. It's better to tell it than hide it, since who knows it might be useful at a later point in time. William Afton was the one who killed me."