Chapter 53- More

Fun Trap

When I woke up JJ was sleeping. I got up. I heard Henry coming into the garage. I watched him as he walked in. "If you wanted to know, you're doing fine. Surprisingly you kept yourself taken care of," Henry said.

"Well yeah I check every few days," I replied. Henry looked at JJ, then back to me.

"Does he know?" I took a second to respond. What did Corruption do?

"No. As far as I'm aware he doesn't know. It's for the better he doesn't know. If he did, she's not a threat to him. Not yet anyways."

"You sound more worried than you should be."

"You made me self-learning keep that in mind."

"Fair point." I walked over to Henry.

"Look, I know you want to help me but I don't know what you can do. I already had exe removed from me, so really Corruption is all that's left. But, Corruption is a different deal." Henry nodded.

"I see where you're getting at. However, you need to be more careful. Your core is overworking itself. I've made some modifications to help with that, but think about it as your core is on overclock. Though you don't even notice it."

"Is it bad?"

"Not necessarily. It's just you're using more energy than you should be. I could probably get the parts I need to possibly upgrade your core, since it is pretty old."

"You can do that? Isn't it like, really delicate?" I asked.

"Yes and no. The plasma stored in your core is being protected by titanium. But it's a mix of titanium and transparent aluminum. It's not meant for the higher levels of heat your radiating now. In fact, I might have to modify your whole suit."

"How long would that take?"

"To get the parts a few days but I have your blueprints here already so it'd be simple to rebuild you. Of course your programming wouldn't be affected since that's a different part of you."

"Would the material be heavier?"

"Not really. I'm thinking about using tungsten. It's a much more solid metal and I could find some workarounds too." I thought about it. Thinking about this logically, if my core was upgraded I could possibly use my plasma longer. But it'd almost be a new core in a way, so it would probably take some time to get used to. Though I don't know how much time I have left.

"You should do it."

"Corruption I'm not sure-"

"Think about it this way. If your core gets upgraded you could do even more than you can now. It could probably do a lot of things differently."

"Time is what I'm worried about."

"If you're so worried about time just go to Bryan's world. Ray can't follow you there. Bring JJ with you so she doesn't have to be in any danger here."

"Alright, let's try it." I sighed. "Okay. Let's do it."

Being outside was nice. I sat in a tree on one of the lower branches, watching JJ practice. She was getting stronger. It wasn't going very quick, but it was progressing. It was a sort of daily thing others wouldn't notice it but you can. Henry was watching. He already ordered everything. Which was good. I got down from the tree. JJ walked over. "How did it look?"

"Better. It's making progress."

"You should practice too you know," JJ said. We didn't tell her about the upgrade. Henry said I shouldn't try doing anything with my core to let it cool down.