Chapter 75- Yet Again

Ray

I was starting to get really frustrated with this. "How does this keep happening?" I asked myself. She was gone again. And I was so close. Cobalt wasn't here either. That's what worried me. But when I watched the cameras something else happened. The smaller one that we didn't even think about was the one who did it. So that was a problem. I couldn't hear the audio from the room she was in, since there wasn't any cameras there. But the hallways showed the smaller one was capable of shorting out the keypads. Which made them useless. Rubert walked in. 

"Did you figure it out yet?" Rubert asked.

"It was that other one we saw."

"Really? But how did it get here?"

"That's what I'm wondering. I don't think we'll get an answer though. She's not showing up here, so she's in another world." 

"What if you used some of her plasma to power the portal in your lab? I mean she makes portals. Her plasma probably could activate them." It wasn't a bad idea. It'd still need a lot of power though. Not to mention I was still lacking the updated software. I don't know how long that would take. It'd be the easiest way to find her. 

"I need to finish updating my software. It'll take days to do it." 

"True. But that gives us more time to plan."

"Yeah I guess so. I'm just surprised. And a bit confused."

"The smaller one was determined that's for sure." 

"Yeah it got a good hit in on Cobalt. But that's another thing. Where is he? He's not here. I know he didn't run off." 

"If they are in another world did they take him there?" 

"What'd be the point? Far as I can tell they don't get along well." 

"They've been working on it. It's actually nice that she's starting to warm up to him. Maybe he went willingly?" Rubert asked.

"I don't think so. But maybe." 

"Even if, he can take care of himself plus she's there." I agreed to an extent. But if they started fighting and I wasn't there to stop it, I'd be worried. She knows his weak point. Which isn't good. "Ray we'll find her. Just finish up your software. But you really should start trying to use that portal. It's the only way we're going to get to her." 

"I want to. But I have to finish this first." Rubert nodded. 

"What do we do about the smaller one then?" Rubert asked.

"I don't want to do anything until I know how it got here. It could have walked here but it wouldn't know. It wouldn't know the way here." 

"Hey did you ever notice that Shadow didn't come out at all when she was here? Or anything like that?" Rubert asked. I did think about it for a little bit. 

"Somewhat."

"What if it wasn't here. What if it was with the smaller one? It'd explain why it wasn't around at all. Maybe that's how the smaller one got here. What if it can hold memories? I know it sounds crazy but-"

"You're probably right. That thing looks like it can disappear into shadows. Which brings up that possibility. It's the only thing we have to off of right now." It made sense though. "I need to think about it." 

"If you need help you can just let me know." 

"I appreciate that." 

The next day felt the same. They all do. But I wanted to make sure Cobalt was safe. He needed to charge and she couldn't do that for him. So he'd shut off. I just was thinking about too many things at the same time. "This is probably the hardest thing to deal with right now," I said to myself. But I had to focus. Surprisingly I almost had the software done. Almost. But I don't know how it would work. But it had to. I also knew where Henry was. I might have to have a talk with him. That energy wave she pulled off was much stronger than it has been before. Not to mention she visited Henry. Did he do something? I needed to know. It seemed like the darts still worked, which is the better part of it. But he would be very, hostile toward me. Which made me not want to try. I sighed. I must be overthinking. Again. "You sure you don't want some fresh air?" Rubert asked as he walked in.