Chapter 15- Work

Bryan

Things were calming down a bit. I walked in and saw A.I. Afton talking with Ballora. Rockstar Freddy was still broken and I didn't know how Fun Trap was doing. Hopefully everything turned out okay. I walked up to them. "Just you two today?" I asked.

"Yeah but it's not that bad. I did some more work on Freddy. He seems to be fine he just won't turn on." I appreciated A.I. Afton for helping out so much. Much more helpful than Springtrap. Then again I haven't seen him for a while. I looked at Lefty's stage and saw him turn on and look around.

"Well this place is dead." I walked up to him.

"Well I guess some just don't want to turn on," I replied. Lefty got off his stage.

"It's kind of strange though. Not many have been active recently." Lefty was right. Barely anyone turned on. Usually here and there. I saw Molten coming out from the extended area. I've had to fake knowing about what happened and only seen Rockstar Freddy. Speaking of him. I walked toward the back room and entered Springtrap's workshop. I saw Freddy in a sitting position against the wall. I sighed. A.I. Afton said he was perfectly fine, but he never turned on. Why? If he was in perfect condition, what was the flaw? There must be something I'm missing. 

"Looking at him again?" A.I. Afton asked. 

"Yeah." I turned to him as he walked in. 

"Again Bryan he's perfectly fine there's no possible reason he wouldn't be turning on," A.I. Afton said. It didn't make sense! None of this made sense. I saw Helpy walk in. 

"Bryan. We need to talk." I nodded.

"Alright Helpy." I walked out of the workshop with Helpy, then we walked to the entrance. 

"Bryan I've been working on something for a while. In case things go south here. I've been using some of our income for it. It's nothing bad I promise you that," Helpy explained.

"Wait. Is that why you've been taking money of my credit card?!" I exclaimed. 

"Partly the reason yes. But this is only if things go south. They might not go south so it's a bit of a gamble," Helpy said. I did wonder how Helpy knew my credit card number. 

"Can you tell me exactly what it is?" I asked. Helpy shook her head.

"I can only say so little to keep this whole thing a secret since I think Molten is doing something with Springtrap. With what they did I think something bad's going to happen. I just have a feeling," Helpy replied. That was strange. But it didn't surprise me. 

"Well I hope things don't go south Helpy for your sake and mine," I said quietly as I walked back into the pizzeria. Molten was talking with Lefty. I don't know why but they seemed to be friendly toward each other. I didn't like it. Molten was working with Springtrap, and he's done some bad things already. It just didn't really settle with me. I kept my distance from Molten and walked up to A.I. Afton. 

"What did Helpy tell you?" A.I. Afton asked. 

"Oh just telling me she used my credit card again. For the one hundredth time," I answered. A.I. Afton laughed.

"You seriously need to change your credit card number, or get a new one."

"I have! Somehow she's able to find out every time!" I exclaimed. 

"Well that's weird."

"I know right!" I really do wish I could change my credit card number without Helpy knowing. 

"How about we play some minigames?" Lefty asked as he walked over. I nodded.

"Minigames would be a good idea to get everything to calm down." I heard them follow me as we went to the portal. I got kind of nervous using the portal after finding Freddy. But I should get over it. "Everyone here?" I asked. I looked around. it seemed Molten would come with us this time. That was fine. As long as he didn't pull anything. 

"Why are you staring at me?" Molten asked. 

"Because you've been known to change the place we go into with the portal," I answered. I did wonder how Molten did it. It was so odd. It must have had to do with Springtrap. I wouldn't be surprised. 

"Well I don't feel like doing it today if that makes you feel better," Molten remarked. 

"That does make me feel better actually," I replied. Molten scoffed. "Alright guys here we go."

I secretly loved Murder Mystery. You had no idea who the person was going around killing everyone and you could stop them yourself. Kind of making you feel like the hero. Of course not really since you could also lose as well. When we started I got reminded of Freddy. He was so good at hiding it. I never asked him how he got so good. Molten was good at it as well. It was kind of strange that both of them were that good. Then I started to wonder, how would Fun Trap do it? I didn't really know much about how she did things. Then again she never waned to go into the portal at all. She just, hated it from what I could tell. But maybe I read her expressions wrong. That could be possible. I wasn't really good at reading expressions, since I couldn't read everyone's expressions. At least not yet. I bet I would be able to soon. I walked around with a bow in my hand. I was the detective. I saw Molten walking toward Helpy and I followed behind. I saw Helpy turn and got ready to shoot my bow, but I saw them start to talk. I stayed there for a while just to make sure neither of them would kill the other then moved on. So Lefty, A.I. Afton, and Ballora were left. Either of them could be the murderer. As I walked down the steps I stumbled a bit and saw Ballora on the ground. So it wasn't her. It could very well be Molten since he did come up from there, but I wasn't sure. I continued to walk around and ran into Lefty. "Oh hey Bryan."

"Hey Lefty. Did you see anyone with Ballora near the steps up to the second level?" I asked. Lefty shook his head. But there was something in his eye.

"No I didn't. I saw A.I. Afton with Molten earlier but that was it." So if A.I. Afton was dead then it could very well be that Molten was the killer. 

"Alright continue on Lefty then," I said. 

"Alright." As we walked past each other I sort of doubted my judgement. Could Lefty have killed Ballora? If that was true then did he know I was the detective? If that was true then would he come back around to murder me? But if I shot Lefty and he wasn't the murderer then that'd be bad. I had to take a chance. I turned around quickly and shot my bow at Lefty killing him. Nothing happened. That meant, I did it! 

"Sorry Lefty!" I said. We were sent back to the pizzeria. 

When I came out I saw Lefty come out after me. "How did you figure it out Bryan?" Lefty asked. 

"Your eye. It kind of moved a bit. If you were telling the truth I highly doubt you'd be trying to look away," I answered. 

"But it could very have well been that Lefty out of the corner of his eye saw someone get murdered and already had a bow to shoot them, and he was going to shoot the murderer. That's another option," Molten said as he stood behind Lefty. 

"Molten give him a break he did a good job of telling that I was the murderer at least let him have that," Lefty said. Molten sighed. 

"Fine. He can have that at least." Molten walked off. 

"You did really good Bryan don't let Molten tell you otherwise," Lefty said quietly as he walked off. I heard Helpy coming up to me. 

"You know Molten is just trying to get under your skin right? If it was a real situation you would have done good." 

"I know Helpy but I just felt weird going by Lefty. Like he wasn't telling me everything in that moment," I replied.

"That's your gut speaking Bryan there's nothing to worry about all right?" I took a deep breath and sighed. 

"Alright." 

"Good now you should go home and take a rest or something. I don't know what you do at home."

"Oh well yeah you don't have to worry about that. At all." I walked out of the back room and before I left I turned to look at Molten and Lefty. Molten looked at me and gave me this, stare. I stuck my tongue out at him and left. He'd probably do something horrible the next day but oh well it was worth it.