Ch 34

It was the last day of the internship with Master Mutaito. Just like every other day of the internship Izuku was down at the clearing meditating. Izuku found that trying to control the full extent of his powers was hard. He had been doing this the whole time he was here and still hasn't gotten it. That doesn't mean Izuku had given up. Izuku was going to master his power.
As he continued to meditate by the stream in the clearing Master Mutaito came walking up from behind. He then stopped and observed Izuku for a moment before smiling. Mutaito could tell that Izuku has improved. His meditation technique started off sloppy but it has grown better. Because of this he can control more of his power safely. That being said Izuku still had a long ways to go before he would fully master anything.

MM: Izuku.

Hearing his name Izuku's concentration was broken and his eyes opened. Looking around Izuku saw Mutaito standing there.

Izuku: hey old man.

MM: I think you can call it quits for today.

Izuku: but I'm.......

MM: you're doing good Izuku, I have no doubt that you will master your power in time but know it's time for you to start heading back.

Izuku: right.

MM: like your father you Izuku are a quick learner.

Izuku: really! You think I'm like dad?

MM: yup, maybe even better. It has been a pleasure to have you as one of my students.

Izuku: it has been amazing getting to learn from you old man. I am really glad that I decided to come here for my internship.

MM: don't think that just because the internship is over that you can't come back. The schools doors are always open when you need advice.

Izuku: thanks.

MM: also don't think that you can slake off on your training ether. Just because you're not here doesn't mean that you can skip training.

Izuku: are you kidding I love training. Plus I want to master my power so you can bet that I'll keep up my training.

MM: I'm glad to hear that. Now that I have you should probably be going.

Izuku: right.

Izuku was about to take off to head back but before he could he was stopped one more time by Mutaito.

MM: one last thing Izuku.

Izuku: what's that?

MM: you have an unnatural amount of power......

Izuku: yeah?

MM: that kind of power tends to attract the wrong kind of people.

Izuku: what do you mean?

MM: nothing, nothing, just that you should make sure to be careful.

Izuku then gave Master Mutaito a big smile.

Izuku: don't worry about me old man, no matter who come along I'll fight them off.

And with that Izuku took off into the air. Leaving Mutaito's school of martial arts that was nestled in the woods and headed back to the city. It didn't take long for him to reach the city. It then took Izuku even less time for him to land in front of the home he shares with Inko the woman he has come to see as his mother.
Once home Izuku made his way inside. When he got inside Inko was surprised to see him back so early but she was also happy that he was home. The two sat down and talked. Izuku told her about everything that happened during the internship. Inko was fine at first but got a little nervous when Izuku got to the heroine killer part.
Inko was happy for her adoptive son. She was glad that he had a good time but was starting to get nervous. Inko began to see that Izuku tends to find himself in a lot of trouble all the time. Inko knows that she can't stop him but that doesn't mean she wants him getting hurt.

Inko: Izuku promise me you'll be safe out there.

Izuku: what are you talking about, of course I'll be safe.

Inko: no Izuku I need you to promise me that no matter what happens that you will keep yourself safe. Please Izuku.

Izuku: ok I promise that I will try to stay safe.

Inko: thank you Izuku.

It was quite after that. It stayed that way for a minute or two. But then Izuku broke the silence.

Izuku: mom?

Inko: yes.

Izuku: what's for dinner tonight?

That night Izuku feeling tired went to bed early. The next morning he woke up early for training like he usually did only this time his morning training was different. Izuku did his regular physical training then after that Izuku would also meditate for a little bit. After finishing Izuku went back to the apartment to shower and eat.
After that there wasn't much else for Izuku to do. He talked to Inko for a little bit but she eventually had to leave. This left Izuku in the apartment all by himself. Not wanting to stay confined all day Izuku eventually left.
Izuku began to roam around the city. He hasn't really done this since back when he first came to the city. It was nice to see more places he hasn't been yet. While exploring Izuku began to walk down dark alleys and side streets.
While most people would be worried or scared Izuku wasn't. Even with all the shady people eyeing him as he walked by. Most of them being girls who could probably get a pretty penny for his body. Izuku was still unfazed by all of this.
Izuku would eventually take a turn down another dark alley. This one seemed to be deserted. Looks can be deceiving though. As Izuku walked down the alley the sound of foot steps running up behind him could be heard. Izuku hearing the foot steps turned around only to see a knife coming at him.
While most people would flinch or try to move at this point Izuku was not most people. Instead he let the blade come down on him. The one trying to stab him thought they succeeded. That was until they saw that the blade didn't even pierce his skin. Seeing this the attacker jumped back.

???: I don't know how you did that but I promise that you're blood will be mine.