Ch 40

Izuku had just taken off from UA as soon as he figured out that the feeling he had was that of people dying. Believing that this must be the evil that the old man was talking about he waisted no time in heading straight into danger. It wasn't long after he took off that Izuku realized he wasn't alone anymore. Looking back behind him Izuku saw the familiar sight of his fellow monkey tailed warrior.

Izuku: Shallot! I'm guessing you felt the ki fading as well?

Shallot: I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

Izuku: do you think that it's the evil the old man went on about?

Shallot: that's what I was thinking.

Izuku the turned to look forward towards where the ki was fading from. When he did Izuku decided to expand his senses. When he did he felt multiple high power levels still in that area.

Izuku: there are still people there.

Shallot: I know and there power is nothing to turn up are noses at.

Izuku: don't worry we can take them.

Shallot: I'm not worried! And I know we can take them but if we let are guard down they could still win.

Izuku: whatever you say just don't yell.

Shallot: shut up!

Izuku: man what's got you so mad?

Shallot: your stupidity.

Izuku: well that's rude.

Both Izuku and Shallot flew in silence after that. But the quite didn't last long. As the two flew towards Tokyo something drew the two warriors attention. All of a sudden it was like the entire planet began to rumble and shack. This caused both Izuku and Shallot to stop flying.

Izuku: what's that?

Shallot: how the hell should I know!

As the two of them continued to float in the air the rumbling only grew worse. Then all of a sudden roots began to shoot out of the ground before burying themselves again. This wasn't just one root ether. As far as both Shallot and Izuku could see roots were popping up before burying themselves again.

Izuku: are those roots?

Shallot: it looks like it.

Izuku: where did they come from?

Izuku watched as a massive root shot up out of the ground and flew through a building. Before he knew what was happening the building collapsed to the ground. Shallot watched as a different root destroyed a bridge. What ever these things worry both Saiyans could tell that they were going to be a problem.

Shallot: these roots are going to end up causing a lot of damage.

Izuku: so how do we stop them?

Shallot: by destroying them at the source.

Izuku: and where's that?

Shallot: use your head and think for once!

Izuku: you don't have to be rude.

Shallot: the roots are obviously coming from the same place as are new friends.

Izuku: how do you know that?

Shallot: new opponents, massive amounts of people dying, massive roots destroying things, and all of them happening around the same time. I think there going to be connected.

Izuku: that makes sense. Alright let's go deal with this problem!

Not fully understanding what was going on around them but they knew that if they wanted to deal with it then they would need to head to the source. So they continued to fly off towards Tokyo where all of this was originating from. As they flew though Izuku looked down and began to notice something strange. It was as if all the plants were dying. Especially the ones that were closest to the roots.

Izuku: hey Shallot!

Shallot: what is it?

Izuku: does it look like the plant on the ground are dying to you?

Shallot: what're you talking about?

Shallot looked towards the ground same as Izuku did in order to see what he was talking about. When he did he finally understood. To Shallot though it didn't just look like the plants were dying. If you looked close enough the planet itself looked to be slowly drying up and dying.

Shallot: this ain't good.

Izuku: I never took you for a plant guy, I agree it ain't good but still.

Shallot: I'm not a plant guy you idiot! I just don't like the planet I'm currently stuck on dying while I'm still on it!

Izuku: yeah that would be bad. We better hurry and deal with this before it's to late.

Shallot: why the hell do you think we're here.

Izuku: wow you're in a bad mood today.

Shallot: just shut up and fly.

That's exactly what the two of them did. Seeing the full extent of the roots destruction Izuku and Shallot picked up the pace. At the speed they were going the two of them reached Tokyo in no time at all. At least the two thought it was Tokyo. When Izuku and Shallot arrived there wasn't much of the once great city left.

Izuku: who did this?

Shallot: I don't know but we're going to find out.

Izuku and Shallot using the senses to find the group of massive power levels. When they had them they immediately took off after them. Apparently the group had left Tokyo. However they didn't go to far. Izuku and Shallot were flying at high speeds in order to get to them. As they flew it didn't take long for them to spot something in front of them that caught the two by surprise.

Shallot: what the hell is that?

Izuku: it looks like a massive tree......this must be where the roots are coming from.

???: that's right!

Both Izuku and Shallot immediately stopped flying when they heard the strangers voice. The two then looked around for the person the voice belonged too. Looking around they eventually spotted a lone figure standing on one of the trees massive branches.

???: well what do we have here? Not just one Saiyan but two. My lucky day.

Izuku was confused by what the guy was talking about. Shallot on the other hand was more shocked then confused. It was like he heard of a Saiyan before but also hasn't.

Shallot: what did you just call me?