Ch 56

???: Peaceful was once a word that could be used to describe Namek. That is no longer the case. The shadow of evil has fallen on are planet in the form of invaders. We still haven't full recovered from the natural disasters that plagued us. And now I feel that more other worldly beings have come to are home. They however don't cast the same shadow. They are harder to read Nail.

Nail: what do you want me to do Lord Guru?

Guru: at the moment all you need to do is prepare for the four that arrived on are planet first. I fear though that even with preparation we will not fare well against this evil foe.

Nail: is there nothing we can do?

Guru: we must let fate take its course and see what comes of it.

Nail: yes Lord Guru.

Guru: I fear my time is almost up. I just hope I can be of some use before then.

Nail: please Lord Guru don't speak that way. I swear I won't let them harm you.

Guru: no matter how hard we try we can't stop the end from coming. Do not fret over it my friend. I am ready for what is to come.

As this conversation between elder and guardian was going on Cooler along with Sauzer, Dore, and Naise drew closer to the Elders home. A good ways behind them was Izuku, Shallot, and Turles flying as fast as they can without waisting to much of their energy in order to catch up to then. And standing outside the Grand Elders home waiting for both groups to arrive was the Guardian of the Grand Elder Nail.

Nail mind: the Grand Elder says that no matter what happens he will pass on soon. While I do not question him I will still try to prevent that from happening, even if the Grand Elder believes it to be a losing cause.

It didn't take long for Nail to see the first group of off worlders appear in the distant sky's ahead of him. They were still a ways away but at there speed they would arrive soon. Nail knew this yet he still kept his stoic persona. Like many before him he was a proud Namekian warrior and it would take a great deal to shock or scare him.
Cooler and his men drew closer and closer to there destination. As they did Cooler could feel himself getting closer to getting the dragon balls and intern getting his wish. A wish that neither his arrogant brother or father dreamed would be possible. Even Cooler still sometimes had trouble believing the stories of the dragon balls to be true. Still though it can't hurt to try and even if the stories do end up being just that he could always sell the planet. It was then that Cooler was brought from his thoughts by Sauzer.

Sauzer: sir!

Cooler: what Sauzer?

Sauzer: sir you never told us what it was you were going to wish for with these dragon balls and if you don't mind me and the boys would like to know.

Cooler said nothing and instead just kept on flying ahead of the three. The question did however cause him to continue thinking about what it was he wanted from the dragon balls. And as he continued to think about it the more he wanted the stories of the balls to be true.

Cooler mind: soon, yes soon it will be mine once again.

Cooler's thoughts were interrupted when Dore yelled out.

Dore: that's where the power is coming from sir! Just up ahead!

Looking ahead the other three could see what Dore was talking about. There sticking out like a sore thumb was a rock structure that went almost straight for many stories with a few cliff faces jutting out of the sides. On top of the rocky structure was a surprising grass covered flat area and on that was an interesting looking house.
The house had no straight, flat walls and instead had a massive dome for the base with a smaller dome on top. On the top of smaller dome was two horn like shapes. The whole house was colored white and much like the house itself the windows were also dome shaped. But unlike the house the windows themselves where a greenish blue color. Cooler however didn't care about any of that because his attention was instead focused on the being who was standing in front of the house.

Cooler: it would seem we have a welcoming party.

Looking at him Cooler could tell that he was part of the same race as the Nameless Warrior that tried to stop him and his men. This Namekian though was bigger in size then the Nameless Warrior. He wore different clothes too. This Namekian wore white, baggy pants with a blue sash around his waist. The Namekian also had on a long blue vest and a white scarf wrapped around his neck. Then to complete his outfit he had on a pair of pointed brown shoes. The same as the other Namekian.
Seeing Nail standing outside the house Cooler could tell that he knew they were coming. Cooler didn't know how the Namekian knew but he really didn't care ether. Once he got close to the house Cooler stopped flying and instead hovered there in mid air a few feet away from Nail. Cooler's men eventually followed suit and hovered in mid air just behind him.

Nail: Grand Elder said you would be coming.

Cooler: well that explains one thing. Now if you could just tell me where the dragon balls are I can be on my way.

Nail: even if I told you they would still be no help to you.

Cooler: oh? And why is that?

Nail: leave now while you still have the chance.

Cooler sighed in frustration and it was easy for his men to see that he was slowly starting to lose his temper.

Cooler: what is it with this little planet and it's people not telling me what I need to know? Do you all have some kind of death wish?

Nail: leave now.

Cooler didn't look back at the other three but he did speak to them.

Cooler: I need to relieve some stress so none of you interfere.

Sauzer: yes sir.

Naise: all right.

Dore:(nodes his head to show that he understood.)

Hearing this Nail prepared himself for the fight that was about to occur. There was just one problem with the fight happening and that was Grand Elder Guru. Nail can't very well leave and lead the leader away. That would leave Lord Guru vulnerable to an attack by the other three. Nail also couldn't fight here near the house without again leaving Lord Guru vulnerable to something like a stray or runaway attack.

Nail mind: my best bet is to take this fight up into the sky and try to keep it there.

So with a plan in place Nail was ready. Slowly he flew up till he was even in the air with Cooler. Then after sparing a glance at the tyrant Nail shot up even higher into the air at a little bit fast of a pace. As he did this Cooler just watched him go without a single hint of amusement on his face.

Cooler: remember not to interfere or I'll kill you all myself.

With that Cooler began flying upward into the air following Nail. It didn't take him long to catch up to the Namekian who was now just floating in midair. Seeing this Cooler slowed himself and stopped just across from him.

Cooler: so are you finally ready to fight?

Nail: fighting doesn't have to be the answer, there's still time for you and the others to leave.

Cooler: (sigh) I've already heard this one before from the last one of you I killed. Exactly what is it with your kind and trying to stop a fight when it's obvious I'm not going to leave. If you ask me I think it's because you all know you're to weak so you're trying to prevent a fight all together. But it won't work, I'm not leaving unless it's with the dragon balls so if you're going to stop me then you better be prepared to fight.

Nail: fine but remember that you asked for this.

Cooler: it will haunt my nightmares.

The sarcasm in Cooler's words were hard to miss but Nail didn't care. Instead he immediately began to power up. It didn't take the Namekian warrior long to fully power up ether.

Nail: I HOPE YOU'RE READY!!!

Cooler: let's see what you can do.

Letting out a mighty battle cry Nail launched forward towards Cooler with one of his fists drawn back ready for a punch. He flew at Cooler with blinding speed ready for the fight. But will Nails strength be enough to topple the overwhelming figure that is Cooler. Find out next time on Legendary Izuku.