Chapter 81 - Sister's Night

Lena's day began as she has found it usually does now, with her waking up and Kara still being snuggled into her side. Lena thinks it is literally the best way to wake up, and she knows she will never be able to go back to sleeping alone. After that, once Lena was awake, she decided to wake Kara up with a kiss, knowing that her girlfriend has to go to work too for her last day at CatCo, before she swaps over to working at L-Corp for a while. Kara, for her part, was very happy to be woken up in such a way, and as soon as she got her bearings, and removed the sleep from her brain, she kissed Lena back, passionately.

Kara and Lena then got up and began their days, with them both waking Alura up, and having breakfast with her. This time it was Lena who said that Alura should come into work with her, as Lena wanted Kara to be able to experience her last day at CatCo without Alura being there, and maybe getting in the way a bit. Then at the same time, Lena knows that Kara will probably get emotional throughout the day, and maybe cry, and Lena doesn't want Alura to be confused by that, and think that Kara is upset. Obviously, Alura put up no arguments about going into work with Lena, and in fact was very happy about it, because she loves her momma so much, and still has some attachment issues with Lena.

Lena's day then went on from there, with her dealing with all sorts of boring L-Corp stuff, although her day was made far better by Alura being in her presence all day long. Lena had the privilege of being able to look up from her desk throughout the day and see Alura sitting on her couch, looking very happy, either colouring, or watching something on a laptop Lena had provided her with. In turn, this had the effect of putting a permanent smile on Lena's face, as it made her so happy to just see her daughter sitting there in her office.

During lunchtime, Kara did not join Lena and Alura, as she was going out for a lunch with a bunch of co-workers from Catco, so Alura and Lena instead went out and got themselves some wraps for lunch, and ate them in the park outside. Alura very much enjoyed that, and even commented that it was the same park as where she, Alex, Sam and Ruby ate their lunch the previous day.

Once Lena and Alura were done with their lunch, they made their way back to L-Corp and got on with their day once more. Eventually, at 5PM, Lena finished up for her work and took Alura back to Kara's apartment. It had been decided earlier, before they both left for work, that they'd go back to Kara's apartment, just so Kara could spend some time with Alura, before her sister's night, and before Lena and Alura then left for Sam's place for the evening.

For Kara, her day was a rather emotional one. Kara had a lot of tears throughout the day, with various people saying goodbye to her, even though they knew she was only supposedly leaving for a few months. None the less, it was still a sad day for Kara, as things always are when something is coming to an end, even if it is only temporarily. However, even though Kara is sad about her last day of working at CatCo (for now), she is very excited, and looking forward to, working at L-Corp. When Kara landed on Earth, she didn't have to think about what she wanted to do, like they did on Krypto when they were 13 or younger. Instead, Kara just got the chance to be a teenager, and figure out what she wanted to do along the way. Then as Kara grew, she felt less and less drawn to science, although not because she wasn't interested in it, she was. Even several years after Kara landed on Earth, she just couldn't bare to pursue a career in science, because it would remind her too much of Krypton, and everything she lost, including her mother and father. So instead, Kara didn't really know what she wanted to do, and eventually, after college, landed herself as an assistant to Cat Grant, and eventually became a reporter after that. But all that said, Kara is now looking forward to doing some science again, because not only does she feel that maybe this way she will be honouring her parents' memory, by doing something they thought she would end up doing, but also, Kara now doesn't feel such a sadness when she thinks of pursuing science. Of course, a part of Kara is always going to be sad when she thinks of a career in science, because no matter how many years pass, it will always remind her of Krypton, and the feelings that come along with that. However, now, after having a whole new life on Earth, Kara has gained so much. Kara has gained a mother, a sister, friends, and most importantly her daughter and Lena. Kara just knows that her sadness of doing science will be less with Lena by her side, and all of the other good things she now has in her life.