𝗧 𝗪 𝗘 𝗡 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗢 𝗡 𝗘

(A/n: In this chapter, Introduce 'The Last Of Us'. In this, Joel and Tommy are friends with Daryl, Merle, and Taylor's dad. Also, Ellie is Joel's daughter in this, and they will make an appearance later on in this book. I hope you all enjoy the chapter. ^^)

-𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭-

     "RYAN, DARYL IS GONNA GIVE ME shit when we get back and he finds out we snuck out." I groaned, following close behind him through the thick trees of the woods.

He woke me up way before the sun had even begun to peak over the horizon, saying he wanted to show me something.

So here I was, in the woods with him by Hershel's farm, going to whatever it was he wanted to show me.

"Not if were quick. Were almos' there anyway." He replied, helping me over a log that sat in the way.

I began to see a clearing up ahead in the trees, and that's where he led me.

"Through here." He said, gesturing to the opening in the trees.

I walked through and came up to a cliff, seeing the sun rising over the horizon, the sky a beautiful mix of orange, red, and yellow.

"Holy shit..." I gasped as I took in the scene, Ryan coming up to my side.

"Ya' like it?" He asked, looking over at me.

"It's fucking beautiful. I haven't seen anything like this since before the world went to shit." I replied.

Smiling, he said, "Thought it might cheer ya' up, ya' know. 'Specially after what happened yesterday.".

Thinking back, I could see the picture of Chloe and Sophia's dead corpses as I closed my eyes, and I shuttered at the gruesome scene.

Ryan must have noticed, as he then apologized, "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up.".

"No, it's fine. Let's head back, alright? Hopefully we'll make it back before anyone notices were gone." I smiled, beginning to head back towards the farm with Ryan.

Chuckling, he nodded, "Hopefully.".

We made it back fairly quickly, and thankfully no one was awake yet.

Ryan offered to make me breakfast inside Hershel's farmhouse, and I took him up on his offer.

I sat at the dining table, waiting for him to finish up the eggs he was cooking.