𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. SOMETHING THEY NEED

-Chapter seventy six; Something They Need-

———

DARYL

     DARYL KEPT MAKING QUICK
glances down at Taylor, seeing her looking solemnly at the ground, her arms folded as she stared off at the gate of Hilltop.

      "Somethin' wrong?" He asked, "You ain't feelin' good?".

      Sighing, she perked her head up, "No, it's not that.".

       "Well then what is it?" He replied, cocking a brow.

      "...I'm glong back to Alexandria early with Jordyn." She answered.

       "Then I'm goin' wih y'all." He stated, but she argued.

       "No, Daryl. Rick and the others need you here for Oceanside. We need those guns. Me and Jordyn...we talked about it. We just need some time to think before we fight the Saviors.".

      "...Okay..." He nodded, taking off his crossbow and handing it to her, "Take it wit' you.".

     She furrowed her eyebrows, "What?  No, Daryl, I can't. You might need it. I have my gun and knife.".

He pressed on, "An' you might need it. Jus' take it...please. It'll make me feel a lot better.".

She reluctantly took his crossbow, holstering it over her shoulder, "...Okay...".

He hugged her, "I love you, babygirl.".

She hugged him back, "I love you too, dad.".

She then pulled away from him, "I'll see you tomorrow. Be safe, alright?".

      He nodded, "Same goes for you.".

       That's when Jordyn walked up, "You ready?".

      "Yeah." Taylor said softly, waving goodbye to Daryl one last time as she followed Jordyn to the Jeep they'd be taking back to Alexandria.

As the two hopped in, Jordyn cranked up the car, "You sure you wanna do this?".

"We talked it over." Taylor replied, turning to face the older woman.

"I know we did." Jordyn nodded acknowledgingly, "I just wanna make sure this is really what you wanna do. Back home...it's not pretty. I saw it when Negan went for his first visit...".