𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈. THE SAME BOAT

-Chapter sixty six; The Same Boat-

———

     "DAD, WHERE ARE YOU TAKING
me!?" Taylor asked, breaking out of her father's grip.

     He turned back to her, "Just...away from there. Your group never should have attacked them. I  convinced him to leave you all alone; hell, I convinced him you dead! Now...he's going to be out for you all.".

     "You mean Negan? Dad, I can talk to him. I can make hin understand. When I didn't have Becca or Riya, Negan was by my side against Madison. He helped me, understood me. He'll listen...I know he will..." She said.

     "...He won't. Believe me, I have tried to make him understand that what he's doing is fucked up, but he keeps on. The only way I convinced him to leave you and your group alone is because I said you all are friends and you wouldn't want that. Negan thinks your dead, and we need to keep it like that." He replied.

     No...he will understand...just like he did that day...

-Flashback-

     "...I'm getting a permanent suspension...aren't I, Mr. Smith?" Taylor asked Mr. Smith as she sat in the principals front office.

       "I told you, just call me Negan." He smiled, sitting down beside her.

     "Right...sorry..." She mumbled, looking down at her lap.

      "Every damn teacher and student in this school knows that the only reason you beat the shit out of Madison is out of self defense. Only problem is, Madison and her stupid fucking money is just gonna pay our big ol' Betty principal to keep her out of trouble and get you permanently suspended." He replied.

      She sighed, "Of couse she is. She wants me to suffer; ruin my future chances of getting a job.".

     "Well, I'm not gonna let it go down like that. It's school code that you and Madison both get disciplinary measures. I'm gonna sweet talk the principal into making sure your suspension isn't too bad; three days maybe. You could use a break from Madison's bullshit anyway. I'll explain everything to your parents when they get here." He explained.

     She smiled, quickly hugging him, "Thank you, Negan. Thank you so much...".

     He chuckled, hugging her back, "You're welcome, kiddo.".

-End of Flashback-

     "C'mon, I saw Maggie and Carol get taken by some shitty group. We need to go get them back." Chris said, snapping Taylor out of her thoughts.

     She looked up at him, "They were!?".

    "Yeah, they were. Come on, we gotta go.".

     She then follo her father through the woods to go find Maggie and Carol and get them back.

———

      HEARING A GUNSHOT AT THE
building ahead, Taylor and her father quickly ran up to it, Carol, Maggie, and the rest of the group who stayed after the attack on the Saviors.

     She watched Daryl look back at her after his hug with Carol, racing up to Taylor and bringing her into an embrace.

     "Are you alri'!? You hurt?" He asked, frantically checking her for wounds.

     "No, no I'm alright. Are you? You have blood all over you?" She asked, looking over his face.

      "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay." He replied.

     Carol walkes up to her and brought her into an embrace, Maggie doing the same.

      "Dad, you're coming back with us, right?" Taylor asked, looking up at her father.

      He shrugged, "Negan's pissed at me now. There's no way I'm going back to him, so yeah. I'm going back with you guys.".

      Negan had to understand...she could convince him...right?

To Be Continued...
Word Count: 592
Edited: