𝑪𝑽. 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝑾𝒆 𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔

"You ever wonder why they call bird shit "guano"?"-
Ezekiel
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter Summary:-
Over the past five months, things have been quiet, but training day for Oceanside and a urgent supply run for Taylor's new baby changes all of that. Deacon and Taylor take in a bandit for questioning, and a Whisperer mask has washed up along the shore of Oceanside, sending the communities into caution. An old friend returns from their travels, and Taylor gets a tattoo to truly show someone how much she cares about them as an unknown object from space plummets into the nearby forest and causes a fire. Things won't be so quiet for the communities anymore...
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter one hundred & five; Lines We Cross-

•••
-5 Months Later-

TAYLOR

     TAYLOR WATCHED AS DEACON
knocked on the glass window with his knuckles, backing up to stand beside the young mother as the two waited quietly to see if any walkers would respond.

     The biker looked up at the sign of the store, "Baby's R Us...huh?".

     She shrugged, "Elaina's gonna need more stuff sooner rather than later. Besides, it's only a fifteen minute drive from Oceanside. We didn't go that out of the way.".

     Elaina's name always brought a smile to her face, her newborn baby girl her main source of joy currently these days...

The yoyng widow looked over at the biker, a sigh escaping past her lips as she finally asked the question that had been running through her head for the past five months, "Back at Hilltop...you mentioned knowing how I felt about losing my husband because you lost your wife. Who...Who was she?".

He scratched the back of his neck, "...Her name was Sarah...she uh...she was the prettiest woman I ever saw; nicest too. We met under some really weird circumstances...but ever since then...we were inseparable. We were a match mace in heaven, always by each other's side...that was until...until the outbreak happened. She was uh...she was stabbed, and me an' my friend got her te this evacuation chopper. We were all plannin' on goin'...but they could only take two. So...I sent Sarah on her own wit' 'em...".

The young widow furrowed her eyebrows, "Why didn't you go with her?".

He shrugged, "My friend was hurt real bad...he wasn't gonna make it on his own...I couldn't leave him te die...".

She frowned, "Deacon, she could still be out there. Why don't you have hope for her?
We—We could go look for her; me and Daryl; we'll go—" He cut her short.

"Taylor...you don't get it...me an' my friend...we went te where the chopper was goin' te fin' her...the camp was overrun...she was gone..." He explained.

"No...Deacon...I do...back...back in the beginning...I...I was separated from Mom, Dad, and Chloe. Merle and Daryl...they were the only ones around to protect me. Mom, Dad, and Chloe...they were in Atlanta during the bombing...having to stay away from thousands of walkers...even as the odds were against them, they still made it out alive, even though in the end Mom and Chloe ended up as walkers and...Negan...Negan killed Dad...I didn't get a happy ending; but Deacon, I think you can. Sarah is out there...somewhere. We just gotta find her." The young mother smiled up at the biker.