𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈. THE KING, THE WIDOW, AND RICK

-Chapter eighty one; The King, The Widow, and Rick-

———

TAYLOR

     THE DRIVE TO HILLTOP WAS
silent between Taylor and Aaron, Gracie's cooes being the only thing heard.

     After an hour had passed, they made it there, Aaron parking his car by the front gate as Taylor hopped out with Gracie still bundled in her arms.

     Jordyn walked up to her, her bright, red hair pulled up into a messy ponytail, and she cocked a brow, "Thought you'd be coming back with Daryl.".

     "Yeah, well he said some shit that pissed me off, so I decided to come back with Aaron." Taylor replied, rocking Gracie.

     Jordyn nodded, looking down at Gracie before back up to her, "Well, Joel, Tommy, Ellie, Dina, Jesse, Becca, and Lee are all here. They're alright. But um...where'd the baby come from?".

     "The Savior outpost." Taylor said, "She was one of their's. Her names Gracie...she's ours now.".

     That's when Aaron walked up to the two, "I can take her up to Maggie. We need to get a crib, car seat; anything for her to lay in.".

     Nodding, Taylor handed him Gracie, "Here you go. And Aaron...if you um...if you ever need to talk, come find me.".

     He hugged her, "I will, Taylor. Get some rest, you'll need it.".

     He made his way up to the Harrington house as Jordyn turned back to Taylor, "Wait, what happened?".

     "...Eric's dead..." She mumbled, "...Bled out from the fight at the Sanctuary...".

      Jordyn stayed silent for a few moments before speaking up, "Uh...Becca wants to talk to you, Lee too. It's about time for me to take watch over the Saviors.".

      She gestured over to a pen by the front gate containing a large mass of Saviors and none other than Gregory.

      Cocking a brow, Taylor turned back to her, "Gregory betrayed us!?".

      Jordyn nodded, "Fuck yeah he did. He keeps goin on how he's one of us and he's being treated like an animal. If you ask me, I think he's losing his shit.".

       Folding her arms, Taylor muttered, "Let him lose his shit. Fucking bastard deserves it. Anyway, I'm gonna go find Becca and Lee. I'll talk to you later, Jordyn.".