𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈. THE CELL

-Chapter seventy one; The Cell-

———

DARYL

DARYL, CHRIS, JORDYN, KENNY,
and Taylor all sat quietly in the back of the van, and the only sound that could be heard was the van's engine rumbling.

"They didn't tie us up. That was a stupid mistake. We can just open the doors and hop right on out." Kenny suggested.

"They'll just find us." Chris argued.

"Well how do we know if we don't even try?" Kenny argued back.

"They find us. They kill us. Simple as that. Hell, I'm being brought to my execution." Chris explained.

Sighing, Kenny turned to Daryl, Jordyn, and Taylor, "Y'all ain't gonna say anythin'?".

"Kenny, I just lost my brother and a close friend. Why the hell would I wanna talk?" Jordyn muttered.

'It's my fault Glenn died...what the fuck was I thinkin' punchin' Negan like that...'.

"Are you doin' alri', kiddo?" Kenny then asked Taylor.

She shook her head, resting it on Daryl's shoulder, "Not really...".

'I don' deserve her kindness...not after I hit her...not after everythin' she's had ta' go through 'cause o' me...'.

"Look, I wish I could tell you guys more on what'll happen when we get there, but I didn't join the Saviors like this. Negan found me and took me in after I lost my kid and wife, and promised me he'd help me find Taylor. I have no idea what's gonna happen when we get there." Chris explained.

Suddenly, the van came to a stop, and a few moments later, the doors opened, a large group of armed Saviors standing there with their guns pointed at them.

Dwight was there, too, "C'mon now. Get your asses out here.".

Daryl, Taylor, Chris, Jordyn, and Kenny all filed out the van, and there was Negan, standing there with his bat and a huge grin plastered on his face.

"How was first class seating? Great view wasn't it?" He smirked.

The five stayed quiet as he continued, "Well shit, tough crowd. Anyway, welcome to The Sanctuary.".

He then gestured back to the large, dreary factory building behind them.

"Alright, time to get down to business. Chris will come with me, Daryl with Dwight, Taylor with Mackenna, Kenny with Simon, and Jordyn with Leslie. Sound good? Good." He explained.