𝑿𝑪𝑰𝑿. 𝑮𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒔

"Bad dog."-
Daryl Dixon
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter Summary:-
Taylor, Connie, Daryl, and Dog go after Henry, and after they find him, Lydia ends up coming along with them.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter ninety nine; Guardians-

•••

TAYLOR

     TAYLOR, CONNIE, AND DARYL HAD
been tracking after Henry for so long that it was now midday, and all Taylor wanted to do was lay in the embrace of her husband and cuddle with her sweet little girl in bed.

     But before they could even think about heading back to Hilltop, they needed to find Henry first.

     They walked up to a long dip in the ground, feet markings imprinted into the forest floor near the slope.

     Connie began writing on her notepad before showing Daryl and Taylor, 'He caught up w/ them.'.

     "Yeah." He nodded, "Yeah. There was a struggle.".

     Taylor hit his shoulder, "Daryl. She's deaf, dumbass. She can't hear you.".

     "I keep forgettin'." He muttered under his breath.

     Connie tapped his arm, pointing to his and Taylor's faces, then to her eyes, and then their eyes.

     "They caught up te him." He corrected as Dog came around the corner in the ditch.

     Taylor rolled her eyes, tapping Connie's shoulder and gesturing for her to give her the notepad and pen.

     Nodding, Connie handed the two items to Taylor, and she began writing something down before showing Connie, 'He keeps forgetting you're deaf. He said they caught up to Henry.'.

     Connie nodded as she took the notepad and pen back as Dog bark, and Taylor looked down the ditch, seeing that Dog had found Henry's staff.

     "Good boy." Daryl praised him, stepping down the slope, patting Dog, "Good boy.".

     He picked up the staff, pointing it out to the right, "They went that way.".

     Dog began growling as three walkers stumbled over to them.

     "Here we go." Taylor sighed, unholstering her hunting knife as Daryl raised his crossbow and Conmie pulled back her slingshot.

     He shot down one walker, and so did Connie, and Taylor threw her hunting knife into the last walkers head.

     "Well that was a new trick." He commented as Taylor went to retrieve her knife.

     "I've changed." She sighed, pulling it out of the walkers head and holstering it in it's sheath.

     He looked over at Connie, "Nice." Dog began barking, and Daryl whistled to grab his attention, "Dog.".

     Dog then trodded over to the walker Daryl killed, retrieving his arrow before walking back over to him, "C'mon. Out.".

     Daryl pulled the arrow out of Dog's mouth and it snapped in half, looking down at the two broken pieces then up at Connie and Taylor, the two girls rolling their eyes with smiles on their faces before they walked off in the direction Daryl pointed to.

     "Bad dog." He said, dropping the remnants of his arrow before following behind Connie and Taylor with Dog.

———

     IT HAD GONE PERFECTLY. THE
walkers walked right into the masked freaks camp, Taylor, Daryl, and Connie blending in with them with their newly-acquired walker masks they had gotten from killing three of them.

     There was Henry and Lydia standing beside one another as all hell broke loose in the camp, and she watched fearfully as the three walked up.

     Daryl grabbed Henry's arm as he muttered, "Keep yer head down. We're leavin'.".

     "Not without Lydia." Henry whispered.

      "No, the girl stays." Daryl protested.

     "Then so do I." Henry stated.

     "Daryl," Taylor spoke up, "He's not coming with us unless she goes with us. Let's just bring her along. You know what her mom does to her. You know better than anyone.".

     Connie killed a walker as Lyida whimpered, "Henry...".

     "No." He argued, "I'm not leaving you. I won't.".

     She cried softly, and Daryl grabbed Taylor's hand and Henry's arm, "Now. C'mon!".

     Henry kept hold of  Lydia's hand as they ran off, Connie and Dog behind them as they threw off their walker masks.

     That had been easy.

     Too easy...

To Be Continued...
Word Count: 670
Edited:
@Taylor_Frickin_Dixon, 2022
Tag List:
addyson_h
AkichiOuma
ConnieSpringersWifey
MidnightScythe17
BreakHeartsBaby
Survivortwd
orxngeheart