𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. NEW BEST FRIENDS

-Chapter seventy four; New Best Friends-

———

TAYLOR

     DARYL'S PRESENCE DIDN'T FEEL
normal to Taylor anymore.

       The last time he had been his same old self was before Denise died.

        After that...things had just gone downhill...

       She still remembered how he had slapped the shit out of her in that grassy field.

       It still felt like her cheek stung, and she found herself often tracing over the faded mark.

       She knew, though, he didn't mean it deep down.

      He was just under the influence of alcohol to cope, most probably like his father and Merle had done many times before...

"Promise me you'll never hit me like Merle did. Ever.".

After she told him that promise he had made to her all those months ago back at the prison, he's just looked at her with...guilt...

No interaction felt the same anymore with him ever since then...

Sighing, she spoke up to him, "You know, the mess hall is serving some pretty badass lunch. You should go get some, you haven't eaten in a while.".

"I ain't hungry..." He muttered, not meeting her worried gaze as he looked out to the bustling life that was The Kingdom.

       "You need some space...don't you?" She mumbled.

      He simply nodded and she got up, "Mhm. Just...come find me if you need me. I'll be around.".

      She then walked off, fighting the tears in her eyes as she kept her head low.

Amy...Sophia...Chloe...Dale...Merle...Andrea...Hershel...Beth...Noah...mom...Abraham...
Glenn...dad...it's all my fault...

      "Taylor...are you alright?" She heard Jordyn ask, and she looked up at the women, seeing her standing right in front of her.

      She ran up to Jordyn and hugged her, crying into her shirt, "I miss them...".

       Jordyn hugged her back, "I know you do, Taylor...".