𝐕. THE BIG RUN

-Episode Summary:-
With Glenn wanting to push farther into the city for supplies, he gathers a group of camp survivors for a scavenging run, and Merle just so happens to be one of them.

-Days since outbreak: 60-
-Year: 2010-
-Age: 13-

PAGE BREAK FOR TITLE

CHAPTER FIVE
THE BIG RUN

CHAPTER FIVETHE BIG RUN

•••
TAYLOR

TAYLOR SAT NEAR THE UNLIT
campfire of the quarry camp, sharpening the hunting knife Daryl had gifted her a few days ago with a wetstone.

The youngest Dixon noted how the young teen was progressively getting better at hunting with each passing hunting trip, and he decided to reward her with her very own hunting knife to harvest any of her future kills.

In all her thirteen years, Taylor wouldn't have ever thought that she'd be gifted a hunting knife of all things, but here she was, in the middle of an apocalypse sharpening said hunting knife.

That was one thing laying in the back of her mind that gave her a sense of worry.

It was the fact that, if Andrea's counts were correct, it would now be day sixty since the outbreak hit, and in those sixty days, the military had yet to come rescue them.

The young teen began to wonder if the military were ever coming to get them...

"Look guys, I just need a group of about five or six people to go with me into the center of the city. The rest of the city is picked clean, and the only way I can scavenge the rest is if I take a group; we're gonna be going into the hot zone." She heard Glenn explaining to some of the camp members a fair feet away.

Shane, who was apart of the group, ran a hand over his stubble, "Glenn, don' you think that's more risk over reward? Can't we just scavenge some nearby towns instead; it'd be a whole lot safer?".

"We need to conserve our fuel, it's hard to find. The city is closer." Glenn countered.

     "Alright then, if you really need help, I guess I'll go then." Andrea offered with a sigh.

     "Andrea, no." Amy protested, grabbing her elder sisters arm.

     "Amy, I have to. The camp needs the supplies." The eldest Harrison tried to reason with the younger one.