𝐋𝐕𝐈. TRY

-Chapter fifty six: Try-

———

TAYLOR

     THAT NIGHT, TAYLOR COULDN'T
sleep.

She tosses and turned in bed all night, and around three in the morning, she heard a knock on the front door.

Groaning, she slipped out of bed and made her way downstairs, opening the front door and revealing Kenny.

"Oh, hey. Is everything alright, Kenny?" She asked.

"Yeah, everythin's alri'. I uh...Jordyn wanted me ta' check up on ya'. Said ya' we're a bit spooked 'Noah earlier." He replied.

"I-I'm fine. Just...not used to being alone at night is all." She sighed.

"Wan' me ta' stay a while? I got nothin' better ta' do." He offered.

"Yeah, actually. I wanna make sone food for Daryl and Aaron for when they come back. Mind helping me cook some things up?" She asked, turning on the lights.

"That's fine." He replied, stepping inside and closing the door behind him.

"Great," She smiled, "I'll get the oven going.".

———

DARYL

SEEING A WALKER AHEAD, DARYL
shot it in the head with his crossbow.

      Walking up to Daryl from the car, Aaron said, "You and Taylor don't look related. How's you two end up together?".

      "...Her dad's my childhood friend...asked me ta' look out for her 'till he an' her mom got off work. They never made it..." Daryl muttered in response.

      Taking it as his qeue to change the subject, Aaron replied, "There's more of them around here than there used to be.".

       Daryl retrieved his crossbow from the walker as Aaron continued, "Don't know if any people are-".

      Daryl shushed him before pointing ahead, "Someone is.".

       Across the field in the forest, a small dot of light shone through the dark.

       Whoever it was, if they posed any threat to Taylor or his friends...he's kill them...