𝑪. 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕

"But...despite all of that...I'm trying to forgive you. Becuase even after what happened...it doesn't erase what we went through together. What we became, together.".-
Taylor Wook
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter Summary:-
Taylor, Daryl, Connie, Henry, Lydia, and Dog retreat to an apartment complex to fend off Beta and the masked freaks from killing them and taking Lydia back. Taylor confesses to Daryl that she's trying trying her best to forgive and forget the past as the two make plans for the trade fair.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter one hundred; Chokepoint-

•••

TAYLOR

     DOG RAN AHEAD OF THEM AS
Taylor, Daryl, Connie, Henry, and Lydia sprinted away from the camp full of masked freaks that was now overrun with walkers.

     They didn't stop running until Henry tumbled and fell, Connie helping him sit up as Daryl knelt down to him, "Ye alri'?".

     "This isn't the way back to Hilltop..." Henry pointed out.

     "Tara made a deal wit' those assholes. We broke it. We ain't goin' back te Hilltop." Daryl explained.

     Taylor nodded, "We'll go to Alexandria then.".

     "They're right. There's too many of them. Alpha would destroy Hilltop to get me back now." Lydia agreed.

     "An' why didn't ye tell us there was that many o' 'em?" Daryl griped.

     Oh god...here he was getting riled up again...

     "You kept me locked in a cage." She countered, "What did you expect? I wasn't going to betray my own people!".

     "Well, maybe ye should go back to 'em." He spat.

     Taylor rested a hand on his shoulder, "Daryl, stop. There's no sense in arguing. What happened, happened. There's no changing that. She didn't tell us, but it doesn't matter now. We're still alive.".

     He ignored her, "Henry didn't know what he was gettin' his ass into, but ye sure as hell did.".

     "I thought I could go back." Lydia said softly, "I can't.".

     "Well, ye ain't comin' wit' us." Daryl grumbled.

     "...Dad!" Taylor spoke up, "She's just a teenager. We can't abandon her.".

     Daryl looked over at her with sad eyes, and she avoided his gaze, looking over at Connie who was confused with the whole situation.

     "Hey. Hey, we could run. Me and her. You guys go back, and—and we keep running. They can't blame Hilltop if we just disappear." Henry suggested.

     "Henry, we can't." Lydia argued.

     "Let me fix this." He said.

     "No. There's no way in hell I'm lettin' ye run away wit' this one. No way. Think o' yer mom! I already made the mistake o' lettin' Taylor go, I ain't makin' that same mistake again!" Daryl yelled.