𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. CONQUER

-Chapter fifty seven; Conquer-

———

TAYLOR

     SLOWLY OPENING HER HEAVY
eyelids, Taylor looked around the room she was in.

      Everything before her was blurry, and she saw a figure standing over her.

       Blinking her eyes a few times to clear her vision, she mumbled, "M-Merle?".

      She watched as he brought a lighter to the end of a cigar in his mouth, lighting it before he flicked it off and shoved it back into his pocket.

      Taking a drag, he replied, "Yep, yer good ol' pal Merle, darlin'. What? This the hundreth time yer in bed from some fuckin' injury? Broke yer ankle, stabbed in the side by a piece o' wood, got punched in the nose and landed flat on yer ass, got shot in the stomach, bit by a walker, got an' infection, hit in the head by some assholes gun, an' now this? Stop bein' such a fuckin' pansy baby, me an' Daryl taught ya' better than that.".

     Groaning, she sat up, "It's not my fucking fault everywhere I turn there's another fucking asshole.".

     "Sounds like a load o' bullshit ta' me. Yer better than all o' 'em. What is it this time? Fractured rib?" He asked, poking her side.

     She cried out in pain, "Fuck, Merle! Don't do that!".

      "Stop bein' a lil' bitch, yer not. Ya' know. Yer friend Jordyn's plannin' on killin' that shitbird Nicholas. She already shot that Pete dick in the shoulder after he sent ya' onto yer ass."  Merle pointed out.

      "...Why are you here? You died..." She mumbled in response.

       "Well, yer hullicinatin' an' shit. Even if ya' are, take this bit o' advice: don' take shit from these pansy assholes. Yer a Dixon now, that what my baby brother said, right?" He asked.

       Groaning, she blinked and instead of Merle being above her, it was Eugene.

      "I am no medical expert, but I do believe she is hallucinating." He said.

       "What? Did you fucking give her too many pills?" Jordyn asked.

       "Only as the doctor prescribed." He replied.

       "And you...believed him. Even after he's the one that gave her the fractured rib." She pointed out.

      "Well Ms. Ford, I do belive Pete would never dare try to give her an overdose with Daryl being around." He responded.