𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝖯𝖱𝖤𝖳𝖳𝖸 𝖬𝖴𝖢𝖧 𝖣𝖤𝖠𝖣 𝖠𝖫𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖣𝖸

!UNDER MAJOR EDITING!

—————Days Since Outbreak: 81

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
PRETTY MUCH DEAD ALREADY

CHAPTER SEVENTEENPRETTY MUCH DEAD ALREADY

•••

     TAYLOR WOKE UP EARLY THE NEXT
morning.

     No matter how hard she tried to lull herself back to sleep, she just couldn't.

     With a huff, she rolled onto her side, looking over at Daryl's sleeping bag, seeing that it was empty.

     "...Fuck, it's way too early to be up..." The young teen yawned, throwing her blanket off before she snatched her socks and coverse, sloppily putting them on and clipped her hair up into a messy bun before dragging herself out of the tent, shoving her hunting knife in its sheath and clipped it away safely, tugging at the strap of her backpack.

     Her ocean eyes looked around the forest line surrounding the Greene farm, seeing that the sky was a warm orange and red as the sun began rising over the horizon.

      Wow...she hadn't seen a sunrise is a very long time...

      The brunette jogged over to the porch of the farmhouse, quickly rushing up the wooden porch steps before spinning around, smiling as she watched the sun begin to peak over the trees.

     "...Holy shit..." She breathed, sitting down on the steps as she took in the scenery.

     She took an inhale of the early morning air, seeing Daryl walking up to her with dozens of squirrels tied to a rope tossed over his shoulder.

     The young teen pointed out to the sun, "Isn't it pretty?".

     Tossing the rope down, he sat down beside her, simply nodding.

     The brunette rested her chin in the palm of her hand, "...Wish I had my polaroid...".

     The redneck looked over at her, "Ye still use one o' those things?".

     She shrugged, "Well, yeah. They turn out way prettier then my dumb flip phone.".

     The young teen slipped off her backpack, digging through the contents before pulling out her flip phone and flipped it open, "...One percent...".

      Sighing, she dialed a number, the call automatically taking her to voice message, "...Hey, Mom, I um...I know you'll never get this. That's okay. In the odd chance you did, while I'm still living and breathing and not walking with the dead, I wanted to go ahead and tell you I love you so, so much. I'm...I'm sorry for all those fights we had; they were so stupid. Um...I don't know if you're with Dad and Chloe...but tell them I love them. I love you, Mom...bye.".

     The brunette ended the voice message, her phone dying right after and she tossed it to the ground, smashing it with the heel of her boot before she flipped it off, "Fuck you, phone.".

     "...The hell was that for..." The Dixon muttered.

     Taylor looked back at him, "That phone has caused me so much shit.".

     "Like what?".

     The young teen folded her arms, sitting back down beside him, "...Kids...used to make me...do things...things I didn't wanna do. K