𝐗𝐈𝐈. BLOODLETTING

-Episode Summary:-
As Taylor, Daryl, Andrea, Lori, Carol, and Glenn continue on back through the woods for the highway, Lori's concerned about Shane, Rick, and Carl's safety due to a gunshot. They run into  a woman with a bat on horseback who informs them one of their group has been shot and to head to a farm owned by the Greene family. Lori rushes off with the unknown woman as the others head back to the highway to contemplate their choices, seeing that
T—Dog's condition with his cut is worsening. It seems like the groups best option is to head to the Greene farm.

-Days since outbreak; 77-
-Year; 2010-
-Age; 13-

CHAPTER TWELVE
BLOODLETTING

CHAPTER TWELVEBLOODLETTING

•••

TAYLOR

      ONE SINGULAR GUNSHOT HAD
gone off, echoing throughout the muggy air of the woods of Georgia not too long ago, and it had Lori quite worried as she kept making quick glances behind them, the group continuing foward as they made their way back to the highway.

      They stopped and turned back at Lori who was looking off into the distance through the clusters of trees as Andrea asked her, "You still worrying about it?".

      "It was a gunshot." The dark haired woman replied to her question.

      "We all heard it." Daryl spoke up, walking over to the others as Taylor stuck close to his side.

       "Why one?" She questioned, looking over at him, "Why just one gunshot?".

      "Maybe they took down a walker." The redneck suggested.

      "Please don't patronize me." The mother scoffed, earning a shake of a head from the Dixon, "You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker. Or Shane. They'd do it quietly.".

       "Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Glenn pointed out.

       "It is getting late..." Taylor mumbled, looking up at the sky through the trees, seeing the yellow ball of light settling lower and lower in the light blue sky that was slowly mixing into a watercolor of red, orange, and yellow.

       "There's nothin' we can do 'bout it anyway." Daryl said, "Can't run aroun' these woods chasin' echoes.".

       "So what do we do?" Lori asked.

       "Same as we've been. Beat the bush fer Sophia, work our way te the highway." The redneck replied.

      "I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the R.V." Andrea suggested, and the group continued foward, but looked back at her and Carol who were chatting about Sophia.