𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕. DEAD OR ALIVE OR

-Chapter eighty five; Dead or Alive Or-

———

DARYL

DARYL LED THE GROUP FROM
Alexandria under an overpass, Lee and Jordyn by his side as the others followed behind them.

Out of the corner of his eye, Daryl watched Lee take a quick glance behind them, "She hasn't said a thing by the sewers.".

      He knew Lee was talking about a Taylor, it was the only person he could be talking about.

      Jordyn stopped Daryl, "Go talk to her. Ask her if she needs anything. We'll take a small break.".

      Nodding, he went off to talk to Taylor as Jordyn announced to the group they'd be taking a short break.

     He walked up to Taylor who was sitting on a rock, her fingers tracing around a gash on her thigh.

      "Why didn't ya' tell me 'bout it in the sewer?" He asked, kneeling down to her and lifted up her leg by her knee.

      It didn't look too bad, just a small piercing from something.

       She shrugged, "Forgot about it. I was more worried about Carl.".

He turned to Lee, "You got a bandage or somethin'?".

The young teen nodded, reaching into his backpack, "Of course.".

Kneeling down beside Daryl, he lifted Taylor's leg up by her knee, rolling up the pant leg of her cargos, "It doesn't look too bad. Just a little swollen.".

He pulled out a bottle of peroxide and poured some over the gash, causing her to wince.

"Sorry, sorry." He apologized, applying two gauze pads over the gash before wrapping a roll of bandage in place and stuck it all together with a small piece of tape before kissing over it, "There. How's that?".

Daryl watched the blush creep onto her cheeks and ears as she nodded, "Y-Yeah. It feels better. Thank you.".

He fought the urge to kill Lee right then and there.

'There ain't no way in hell this stupid ass dork is 'the one'. Who the hell does he think he is; kissin' her leg like that!?' He thought.

That's when the sound of a truck rolling onto the overpass above rang out through the air, causing everyone to freeze and fall into complete silence.