𝐈𝐗. TS-19

-Episode Summary-
Rick was right after all. There really was hope at the C.D.C. The mentally and physically exhausted group celebrates their victory over spaghetti and wine with their host, Dr. Edwin Jenner as they enjoy the luxuries of the establishment. Little do they know, time is running out on they're stay and they're lives as Jenner keeps two life-changing secrets from the group.

-Days since outbreak: 73-
-Year: 2010-
-Age: 13-

CHAPTER NINE
TS-19

CHAPTER NINETS-19

•••
TAYLOR

"DARYL, YOU COVER THE BACK."
Shane ordered the redneck as the group quickly made their way into the lobby of the C.D.C.

"Hello!?" Rick called out, seeing as the room was completely empty besides the newly-arrived group, "Hello!?".

Still no one...

He called out one more time, and they heard the cock of a gun.

They quickly aimed their weapons at the source of the noise to see an unknown man with an AR.

"Anybody infected?" He asked as the weary geoup.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick replied.

"Jim...I hope your at rest now..." Taylor thought, keeping her crossbow aimed at the unknown man.

"Why are you here and what do you want?" The unknown man asked, walking foward.

"A chance." Rick simply responded.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man pointed out.

"I know." The ex-sheriff agreed.

The unknown man looked over the destranged group before he spoke up, "You all submit to a blood test; that's the price of admission.".

"We can do that." Rick nodded.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." The unknown man instructed.

        A few of the men rushed out to the caravan and came back with everyone's belongings.

       "Here." Daryl said, handing Taylor her backpack.

       She gave the Dixon a small smile as she replied, "Thanks.".

       "Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." The man spoke into a speaker connected to what looked like a control panel.