𝑪𝑰𝑽. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

"Yeah, and I got my wish. I got to see snow.".-
Taylor Dixon
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter Summary:-
Winter has come, forcing the abandonment of the Kingdom as the group is forced through a raging snow storm to make it to Alexandria. Along the way, Taylor is forced to revisit the past, meeting one of Daryl's old friends and had a wish granted she made long ago.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter one hundred & four; The Storm-

-Four Months Later-
•••

TAYLOR

TAYLOR COULDN'T SLEEP BY
herself.

She didn't sleep for days after the horrific deaths of Tammy, Enid, Addy, Henry, and Tara on the pikes.

And Lee...

After days of no rest, Daryl finally convinced her to sleep, and she retreated to her and Hailey's room that they claimed at The Kingdom, as the young widow couldn't bring herself to take her daughter back to Alexandria without...without him...

As soon as her head hit the pillows and she closed her heavy eyelids, she saw the horrific walker heads of Tammy, Enid, Addy, Henry, Tara, and...and Lee.

She had a whole mental breakdown right then and there, and Hailey rushed to Daryl's room and fetched him, panickingly telling her grandpa about her mother's state.

Daryl got out of bed, having not gotten much sleep himself as Hailey followed him to her and Taylor's room.

He knocked on the door, "Babygirl, can I come in?".

He heard her pained cries behind the wood, and he reluctantly opened the door, seeing her curled up in a ball on the bed as she wailed about her dead husband and friends.

Hailey watched from the doorway as her grandpa sat down at the foot of the bed, "...Ye wanna talk 'bout it?".

Sniffing, Taylor wiped away her tears before clinging her arms around Daryl and burried her face in his neck, "I love you so much...".

He hugged her back, "I love ye too, babygirl.".

He ended up sleeping in there with Taylor and Hailey that night; it was the only way for the two to get any sleep.

And now here they were months later, it being the day everyone was going to abandon The Kingdom.

The place was ancient, and with each passing day it fell apart more and more, leaving the settlement with no hope to continue on in the future.

Taylor felt Daryl's arm slip from her hold early that morning, and she tiredly wiped at her sleep—filled eyes as the bed creaked from him getting up.

"Ezekiel said we don't have to leave until early noon." Taylor pointed out in a hushed whisper, sitting up as she began to play with Hailey's hair as her daughter slept soundly.

Daryl looked over at her, grabbing his lighter before lighting the candles on the nightstand that sat by the bed, "Couldn't sleep. 'Sides, it's fuckin' freezin' in here. I'm ready te get the hell outta here.".