𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

-Chapter seventy seven; The First Day of the Rest of Your Life-

———

-The Next Day-

TAYLOR

IT WAS NOW THE NEXT DAY, AND
Taylor, Jordyn, Joel, Tommy, Ellie, Jesse, Dina, and Lee were all loading up two trucks to take back to Alexandria.

"...Taylor, I just wanted to say...I'm sorry about your friends and dad. No one deserves that." Lee told her as he slid a box of ammo into the truck bed.

"It's okay, Lee. The Saviors are gonna get what they deserve today." She smiled, hugging him.

He nodded, hugging her back, "Yeah. They are.".

That's when Joel walked up to the two, "You two ready to head out?".

"Yeah. We're ready." She replied, grabbing her backpack from the trunk bed, placing a kiss on Lee's cheek before hopping in one of the trucks with Jordyn, Ellie, and Dina.

Starting up the truck, Jordyn smiled, "Ready for the first day of the rest of our lives?".

Giggling, Taylor nodded, "Hell yeah I am.".

———

AS THEY ROLLED UP TO THE GATE
of Alexandria, Carl opened it, letting them in, and they parked the trucks near the front.

      They all hopped out, and Taylor walked up to Carl, "Hey, Carl. Where's your dad?".

"Loading up some guns. Why?" He replied.

"Got some good shit for him. Guns, ammo, a few people from Jackson." She explained.

He grinned, "That's good. Our odds are looking better and better.".

She smiled, hugging him, "We're gonna win. Life's gonna get better for us.".

He hugged her back, "Yeah, I know we will.".

"Find your dad for me. Tell him about the supplies. Have you seen Daryl today?" She asked.

He nodded, gesturing out past the opened gate, "Out front with Aaron and Rosita wiring up some explosives.".

"Thanks, Carl." She told him, pulling down the brim of his sherrif's hat before walking out the gate, walking up to Aaron, Daryl, and Rosita who like Carl said, were currently wiring up some explosives.