𝑪𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2)

"We're gonna be okay, Hailey. Grandpa Daryl's gonna be okay and then we'll go back and be with Daddy.".-
Taylor Wook
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter Summary:-
The fair is a wonderful treat for all the communities. That is until Taylor realizes someone is missing. Setting out to find them, her and the others make a horrifying discovery.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
-Chapter one hundred & three; The Calm Before Part 2-

•••
-6 Years Ago-

TAYLOR

    TAYLOR ALWAYS USED TO LOVE
winter season where she could step outside and enjoy the chilling air.

But now that enjoyment had turned into something lethal, and instead, it was up to her to keep herself and Daryl warm throughout the harsh winter months.

Shivering, she rubbed her hands covered with fingerless gloves together before placing them over the heat that radiated from off the campfire in front of her and Daryl's tent before crawling back inside and bundled up in the many blankets.

She placed the back of her hand on top of his forehead, and after seemingly weeks, his fever seemed to be finally disappearing; atleast to her it was.

     It might have been just how cold her hands were...

     Groaning, she felt the growl of her empty stomach, instinctively placing her hand over it.

      She hadn't eaten in days, and her and Lee's baby was getting bigger with each passing day.

     Was this murder to her unborn child...not being able to eat and give the nutrients her baby needed.

     Lori had the same problem with Judith when they were on the road for eight months after the downfall of Hershel's farm, and they managed.

     ...Lori...Hershel...

     Grabbing her backpack and crossbow from the corner of the tent, she spoke to Daryl, "I'm gonna go out and see if I can find us some rabbits. Maybe a deer; if I'm lucky...I'll be back soon.".

     She placed a kiss on his forehead before slipping out of the tent and zipped the flaps shut, hoisting her backpack over her shoulder.

     There had to be some animal tracks around here somewhere...

     Following the creek line, she made her way into the forest, scanning the snowy floor for any signs of disturbance.

     Perking her head up, Taylor heard barking in the distance, and she rushed ahead to see what was going on.

      Racing up to a small clearing, a german shepherd was barking up at a group of walkers as they surrounded the dog.

     "Hey fuckers!" She called, grabbing some of their attention, and she shot one of the walkers in the head with her crossbow.

     Pulling out her hunting knife and tossing her crossbow to the ground, she stabbed a walker in the head as the dog tackled and killed a walker.