𝐋𝐈𝐈. THE DISTANCE

-Chapter fifty two; The Distance-

TAYLOR

TAYLOR WOKE UP TO THE BARN
doors opening, Daryl's vest sliding off of her as she sat up.

In walked Maggie, Sasha, and a unknown man.

"Who the hell is he..." Taylor thought, sliding out her hunting knife.

"This is Aaron." Maggie introduced the unknown man.

Daryl rushed foward with his crossbow, checking to see if anyone had followed them before he walked up behind Aaron and did a pat down on him.

"We took his weapons an' we took his gear." Maggie explained as Daryl finished checking Aaron, Tara closing the barn doors.

Everyone had their weapons at the ready as they studied over Aaron intently.

"Hi." Aaron said, breaking the awkward silence.

Judith began crying, and Carl took her from Rick's arms as he tried to calm her down.

"It's nice to meet you." Aaron said, taking a step foward, but Daryl stopped him.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asked.

Maggie walked foward and handed Rick a small revolver, to which he put in the back waistband of his jeans.

"There something you need?" Rick asked.

"He has a camp nearby. He wants us to audition for membership." Sasha explained.

"I wish there was another word. Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of a dance troupe." Aaron chuckled, "That's only on Friday nights.".

"I like it." Taylor spoke up, immediately regretting it as everyone turned to look at her.

"I uh...danced for a dance company...so...it brings back some good memories." She mumbled awkwardly.

At least this whole ordeal was getting her mind of the tinges of hunger pains in her stomach.

Aaron smiled over at her before he continued, "Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home.".