𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. TWICE AS FAR

-Chapter sixty seven; Twice as Far-

———

TAYLOR KNOCKED ON THE OPEN
doorframe to the infirmary, seeing Denise sitting on a medical bed as she read over a book.

She looked up at Taylor, smiling, "Hey, Taylor. What can I do for you?".

"Well...remember two months ago when I came to you after the horde about my back?" Taylor asked, walking inside the infirmary.

"Yeah. What about it? Is it still hurting you?" Denise replied, setting down her book.

"A lot. I was wondering if you could take another look." Taylor said.

"Sure. Go ahead and sit down and take off your top." Denise responded, getting off the medical bed as she gestured down to it.

Sliding off her top, Taylor sat it down beside her as she sat down on the bed, Denise coming behind her as she placed her hands on her lower back, pushing down, "Does that hurt?".

"No." Taylor shook her head.

Denise then placed her hands on Taylor's middle back, "How about here?".

"Ow! Yeah, yeah." Taylor groaned, wincing.

"Alright, and how about here?" Denise finally placed her hands on Taylor's shoulders and pressed down.

"Shit! Yes, there too." Taylor arched foward.

"It sounds like you just need some good painkillers." Denise walked over to her medicine cabinet, "What are your allergies again?".

"Sulfur." Taylor sighed, laying back in the medical bed.

She heard Rosita and Spencer talking out front on the porch, ignoring their little squabble.

"Well shit. The stronger medication I'd prescribe you has sulfur." Denise cursed.

"You don't have any stronger painkillers that don't have it in it?" Taylor asked.

"Not here. I know what to give you, though." Denise replied.

She looked up at the door to see Rosita staring at her, "I didn't hear you guys.".

"Good." Rosita replied, "What's wrong with Taylor?".

"One too many hits and landings on it. She just needs some rest and medication." Denise responded.