𝐋𝐕. SPEND

-Chapter fifty five; Spend-

TAYLOR STOOD BESIDE DARYL'S
newly-built motorcycle as the gate to Alexandria was pushed open.

"How long will you be gone?" She asked, brushing a few strands of his dirty brown hair out of his face.

"Couple o' days probably." He replied, slipping on his gloves.

Hugging him, she said, "Well, you'll come back then to a fresh, clean house. Be safe out there. Please.".

Nodding, he smiled slightly, "I will.".

Waving, Taylor then walked over to the car Aaron was riding in, "You two be safe, alright? I worry.".

"Don't worry, Taylor. We will." He smiled, Daryl revving up his motorcycle.

The two then drove off, the gate closing behind them.

"Miss him already, huh?" Jordyn asked as she walked up, standing beside Taylor.

"Yep." She sighed in response, "What's your job anyway?".

"Deanna gave it some fancy name but basically I'm a police officer like Michonne and Rick. I just kinda help people if needed and break up fist fights." Jordyn explained, gesturing down to her uniform.

      "Well, Ms. Ford, I could use help fixing up me and Daryl's new house if you would be such a kind police officer." Taylor offered.

      "Har har. Very funny." Jordyn replied before the two girls walked down the street.

     "Have you seen Kenny? I wanted to ask for his help too." Taylor asked.

       "He's going out on that run with Noah, Glenn, Tara, Eugene, and Nicholas." Jordyn responded.

"Oh...Nicholas..." Taylor muttered.

"What? Don't like him either?" Jordyn replied.

"Does anyone?" Taylor remarked.

"Probably not." Jordyn agreed.

"By the way...I um...never got the chance to tell you I'm sorry for blowing up on you about being one of the Governor's men. I just...I really miss Merle..." Taylor mumbled.

"You don't have to apologize about it, Taylor. I get it. Merle's death really took a toll on you. I hate that I was ever there." Jordyn replied, hugging the younger girl.

        "Mhm. Oh, we're here. Um, I'm so sorry about the inside. It was already a hot mess, but then Daryl dumped a shitload of animal kills yesterday." Taylor explained, opening the door.

      Jordyn immediately began coughing, "Jesus Christ, it fucking stinks!".

      "Hey. You are a police officer. Why don't you put in some volunteer hours." Taylor smirked.

      Sighing, Jordyn replied, "Let's go get some boxes and cleaning supplies...".

———

     THE TWO GIRLS HAD BEEN
cleaning for atleast three hours now, and the interior of the house already looked ten times better.

      There was a knock on the front door, and Taylor sat down her cleaning wipe and went to answer it.

      Opening the door, there stood Glenn and Kenny.

      "Hey guys, what's up?" She asked.

      "Can we uh...come inside?" Kenny muttered, taking off his hat.

      "Of course. Sorry it's so messy, me and Jordyn have been working our asses off to get this place spotless." She replied, opening the door wider for the two men to step in.

      They sat on the couch Jordyn greeting them as she walked over and stood beside Taylor.

      "So, what's going on? You too look...depressed." Taylor asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

       "...Noah's dead, Taylor...all because of Nicholas..." Glenn replied.

      "Wait, what the fuck did you just say?" Jordyn asked.

      "Noah fuckin' got ripped ta' shreds by walker's right in front o' us. All because o' fuckin' Nicholas." Kenny said.

       Walking over to the kitchen counter, Jordyn grabbed her gun before she walked to the door.

       "Hey, where are you going?" Taylor asked.

      "To talk with Michonne and Rick. This shit needs to be sorted out..." Jordyn replied before walking out.

       "I can't believe Noah's gone too...people just keep dying no matter how safe we seemingly are..." Taylor thought.

To Be Continued...
Word Count: 629
Edited: