Chapter 89 - Jack Spheer's Party

"Lena, this is incredible!" Kara says in awe, as they all step onto Lena's private jet.

"Thank you darling." Lena replies, smiling.

"This is soooo cool aunt Lena." Ruby says, in awe, just like Kara.

Lena chuckles.

"It's just a plane. It's nothing special." Lena says, brushing off the comments.

Sam approaches Lena and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Lena, I think you forget that apart from you and I, no one else here has actually been on a private jet before." Sam says.

"Right......." Lena nods.

"Momma? Can I sit with you?" Alura asks Lena, sweetly.

"Of course you can, darling." Lena smiles.

The ladies then all get into their seats, with Lena and Alura sitting next to one another, on two single seats. Kara is then sat facing Lena and Alura, while Sam and Ruby are on two seats across the aisle from Lena and Alura. The plane then begins moving, a few moments after they have all taken their seats, and buckled in.

"This is weird." Kara says, not used to going backwards on a plane.

"Oh, we can swap if you want?" Lena suggests.

"No, it's fine. I just have never experienced flying backwards before.... Well.... not on a plane." Kara replies.

"Right...." Lena nods, a small smile appearing on her face.

The ladies then all chat, as the plane taxis to the runaway. However, just as the plane is about to take off, Lena looks over at her daughter and sees that she has a nervous look on her face.

"Are you alright, darling?" Lena asks, Alura softly.

Alura looks at Lena, scared.

"Oh, darling." Lena says, cupping one of Alura's cheeks, "It's okay. Everything is going to be fine. I promise."

"Shoot.... I forgot.... Alura hasn't ever been on a plane before." Kara explains.

Lena nods her head at Kara, and then turns her attention to her daughter once more. Kara hates that Alura is scared, and then to top it off she hates that she can't physically reach over to comfort Alura. Of course Kara could get out of her seat and go over to Alura, because the plane taking off won't affect her Kryptonian body, but by doing that she would totally give away her secret identity to Ruby. So, Kara has to just sit there, and hope that Lena can make things better for their daughter.

"Alura, everything is going to be okay." Lena says, attempting to comfort the young girl.

The plane then begins to move, and pick up speed.

"Momma, I don't like this." Alura says, scared, with tears in her eyes.

Lena grabs Alura's hand and gives it a loving squeeze.

"It's okay. I've got you. I've got you." Lena says.

The plane then continues on down the runway and eventually takes off, Alura lets out a little scared yelp as the plane lifts off the ground, her stomach clearly doing a bit of a flip.

"Darling, it's okay. I'm here." Lena says, stroking one of Alura's arms with her free hand.

Alura continues to be scared for a few more minutes, with Lena continuing to comfort her, and Kara watching on, desperately wanting to get out of her seat, but eventually the plane levels out, and Alura is more at ease.