Ch 5

Alastor's POV

I looked down at the human girl.

Her entire body was shaking like a leaf, each breath she took came heavy.

I was trying to have a bit of fun with her, but she's proving to be different than most. Normally that tone I used earns me a bit of a blush from most females.

I even tried getting intimately close to her, brushing my lips over her skin.

Yet she didn't fold.

I wasn't doing it to be promiscuous...I simply find the reaction it receives to be quite amusing. There are many mortal women I've pulled these charms out for...they all fall to their knees for me, and I find it delicious when they realize it was nothing but a game.

Ah, yes, making deals with mortal women has always been my favorite. So easy to manipulate, and so willing do to just about anything I would tell them.

Then I collect their souls, trapping them with me in eternal damnation.

This woman, however, I have no deal with. I have no reason to play with her...but I figured I would try. However, she seems immune to my charm.

I suppose there's a first for everything.

If she wants this to be quick, I reckon the gentlemanly thing to do would be to comply with her wishes.

I removed my hand from the wall next to her, moving my other hand to her throat to keep her still. I felt her swallow hard, her skin feeling hot beneath my fingers.

I extended my claws fully on my free hand, looking down at her stomach to pinpoint where I was going to stab her to make this quick and easy.

I tsk'd when I found her arms were wrapped around her mid section, blocking me.

I reached forward, gently pulling her arms away from her body. Almost as soon as I had them peeled away, they repositioned in the exact same place.

It must be comforting to her.

I suppose I'll allow her that out of courtesy, so I guess I'll need to take a different approach.

Moving my hand from her throat up to the nape of her hair, I took a small bit in my fist.

She whimpered and complied when I tugged her head back to exposed her neck.

Her lips trembled and big tears rolled down her cheeks. I found myself tilting my head.

Is she not going to beg? To plead with me? Admittedly it'd do her no good, but I've never come across someone so willing to submit to their certain death.

"Darling, before I finish this, I must ask why you're not begging...? It's truly curious to me, I've never come across someone who doesn't so much as plead," I stated.

Slowly her eyes opened up.

Big, brown eyes, glossy from tears.

I allowed myself in that moment to acknowledge that she is indeed pretty, taking in her features through a long glance.

Olive skin, and soft features. She had a little pixie nose, dotted with freckles.

Her eyelashes were wispy, giving her eyes a very soft border.

I thought she was simply going to ignore my question, but she finally opened her mouth.

"Does the rabbit beg the wolf to spare its life?"

Her words...winded me. What in the world...never have I met someone with such a take on their own life.

"I suppose not..." I mumbled, and then raised my hand once again. Her eyes widened at that action and then immediately she shut them again, turning her head to the side.